New PCM needs PCM Hammer and Universal Patcher Support

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
darkman5001
cars: 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS

New PCM needs PCM Hammer and Universal Patcher Support

Post by darkman5001 »

I have acquired a PCM from a 2003 Buick Regal, which looks identical to the P01 and P59, however is for a V6. I have taken pictures of the exterior and circuit board for it. PCM can communicate with it and read some info, however seed/key exchange fails due to wrong key. I have found the seed and CVN using SPS, and saved screenshots of the information. Also pulled a list of compatible vehicles from a PCM remanufacturing website I have used a few times in the past. Also Universal Patcher's logger is able to read trouble codes and read the vin, so communication is good.

I am including a zip file with everything I have done so far to include pictures, some PCM Hammer logs and some info.

I think this will probably be an easy one to add support for. As always, I am here to do any bench testing that is needed, however I only have just this one PCM to play with.
Attachments
Unknown PCM.rar
(19.32 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: New PCM needs PCM Hammer and Universal Patcher Support

Post by antus »

Going by the list of cars the internet tells me that harware number is a match for I think its a P04. If you have the skills build the antus/p04 branch of pcmhammer, the p04 kernel is in that tree and add the OSID 12580147 to misc/pcminfo.cs with the other P04 OS and it should be able to read (although very slowly until we get a better read kernel.... and before anyone asks only experimental and ultra slow read support for p04 at this stage, and no write support).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Fairly common to notice, Red/Blue connector is P01, Green/Blue is p59, Clear/Blue is I guess a P04 but I dunno cuz the 2001-3 Duramax has the same connectors and also looks the same physically from the outside :?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

It's CLEAR that it's a P04 ...
ItsClear-P04.jpg
Edit:
Well, it appears it's not so CLEAR, it seem the Duramax E54 Service Number 12210729 also has CLEAR on the connector.
Regardless the PCM in this thread is in fact a P04 by Service number and Hardware number.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thank You Gampy,
The E54 Duramax we worked on had the same connectors. My 2003 Pontiac had same connectors and obviously different OS. I'm just trying to follow along :)
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

You're welcome.

Pretty sure that Pontiac is a P04 with CLEAR on the connector ...

Are you saying the Duramax E54 has `CLEAR` written on the connector as well ??
If not, what color is on it ??

tks

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya Gampy,
I don't have one here since they come and go for repair very rarely. Very common for those to have corruption in the parameters area which makes them "locked". Years ago I found the right pin to ground, like the p01, so I can read and get the seed/key, it's been a couple years since I worked on one. My memory isn't great but I feel pretty confident it was CLEAR on the computer.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank ya sir!