Thanks,
How about CRC? Someone known algo and block size?
delco ecu identify and VATS off
-
solitaire
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:12 pm
- cars: chrysler T&C
- Location: EU, Lithuania
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
You can use the gq4x4 eeprom programmer software (GQUSBProg) which is a free download to load the bin, byte swap all of it (A<->B icon) and save it again. It is byte swap the whole file. https://www.mcumall.com/downloads/In-Tech wrote:Hiya Folks,
I can't remember if I need to byte flop the entire .bin file or just segments and I haven't stumbled across all my notes from back in the day.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
Hiya antus, I actually have one of those eprom programmers and it is the software that I used to byte swap simply, it did the entire .bin file. I just can't remember if the entire file was needed or just a segment or two? I think I have a black box at the shop so I can experiment better when I get time and hopefully find it. solitaire, I wish you were closer, I could do for you quickly on the bench via the OBD2port
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
yep for the background the byte swap is because of how the chip is working connected to the ecu (16bit mode, with the opposite byte order), thats why it applies to the whole chip. there is nothing like that at the segment level.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
Thanks antus, I'll see what I can find. When I find the segment with the VATS bit, shouldn't we be able to set the bit then find an unused FF and set it to FE so checksum matches, then byteflop again so he can program the flash chip? Sorry if these are dumb questions.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
Yes, thats right. From comparing the output of other software I can see vats disabled is 00 to 01 at F0BE and Checksum is subtract 1 44 to 43 at EF94. I would assume sum is checksum-16 at EF93 but I havnt verified the endianness to be sure of that. Its the system segment, and sum is in the system segment header.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
Awesome antus
Do you feel confident that he should write this and re-solder?
Do you feel confident that he should write this and re-solder?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
yes I do, and hopefully we can come up wiith a software flash tool, and someone can make XDFs later. Just remember to byteswap it back before writeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
There is also C# source code for a tiny command line ByteSwap program included in the DevTools folder of the PCM Hammer repository ...
Hope this is ok to post?
It's use is simple, ByteSwap <input file> <output file>
Hope this is ok to post?
It's use is simple, ByteSwap <input file> <output file>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: delco ecu identify and VATS off
To solitaire,
"Just remember to byteswap it back before writeing" by antus

"Just remember to byteswap it back before writeing" by antus