Blown 355 ute

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
afterburner
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm
cars: VS Olympic Ute 355 supercharged
Location: New Zealand

Blown 355 ute

Post by afterburner »

Teaser shot of my VS Olympic Ute I’ve owned from new. 355 stroker, supercharged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
afterburner
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm
cars: VS Olympic Ute 355 supercharged
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by afterburner »

Hers a couple more photos of it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
afterburner
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm
cars: VS Olympic Ute 355 supercharged
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by afterburner »

So a little more to look at
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by Gareth »

G'day,

They are both sweet arse rides :thumbup: Thanks for posting

Couple of questions, What class does your bike run in?

The catch can system on the ute, are you running twin air/oil separators into in separate puke tanks?

cheers, Gareth.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
afterburner
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm
cars: VS Olympic Ute 355 supercharged
Location: New Zealand

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by afterburner »

I run in comp bike in NZ, can run comp bike or top bike in aus. May take it to Winternats next year. Competed there on my last bike in 2009. Also raced at Alice Springs & Darwin.
Current NZ record holder for ET & MPH ( have been rebreaking record for ten years )

The crankcase breather on the Ute consists of fresh air intake passenger side, drivers side extract via particle filter prior to 2nd catch tank with blanked off filter ( filter on that one for appearance only) as that tank connects to a small electric vac pump to help draw air through system. While I’m aware a better vac pump & sealed system will help ring seal on boost, I believe the clean air draw through to be better than static venting & without question this setup is an improvement over PCV into throttle body in terms of avoiding hot air intake & the carbon deposits that result. Originally I used a pcv into throttle body instead of vac pump, but no amount of filters stopped carbon deposits & hot air into blower is just dumb
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by Holden202T »

nice! you certainly dont like keeping cars or bikes standard :lol:
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by brindo »

Very nice, definitely a lot cleaner neater than what I have.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by vlad01 »

Very busy looking engine bay. Nice stuff!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by immortality »

Nice rides :)
Deuce
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 am
cars: TUF355

Re: Blown 355 ute

Post by Deuce »

Hey Ian,

I recognise that bike. I've been racing a couple of pit spaces over from you on several occasions over the years (H-D Softail Deuce running in screamin eagles).
I wish I had had the chance to see your Ute in person, although I don't remember seeing it at the track.

Keep up the good work mate.