Finally getting around to doing my engine install and conversion from the locked dizzy to a crank angle sensor/coil pack set up.
My main question is regarding the pickup position relative to tdc. Photo is taken with the motor at tdc.
Does this look right? Would the crank offset be the same as it was previously or will it need to be changed?
Converting 202 to DIS
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Converting 202 to DIS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
Here are a few more progress pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
Custom pickup and injection manifold
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
That looks sweet as!
Top job, can't wait to see it going.
Not sure on the trigger setup. The sensor looks too far from the wheel? Someone that's worked with trigger wheels will chime in I hope.
As for the angle of the sensor to TDC, I think that the reference angle in the tune maybe?
Not sure on the trigger setup. The sensor looks too far from the wheel? Someone that's worked with trigger wheels will chime in I hope.
As for the angle of the sensor to TDC, I think that the reference angle in the tune maybe?
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
Awesome work
Try to bracket that pickup tube, vibration and time will take its' toll on it unsupported.
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
The photo doesn't show it very well but it is supported by the factory bracket clamp position. I heated up the original and tigged it to the new one.In-Tech wrote:Awesome workTry to bracket that pickup tube, vibration and time will take its' toll on it unsupported.
Fingers crossed there are no pin holes
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
I see it now 
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
Nice work.
-
Mechcano
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:45 am
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
No it does not look right, the Notch to the right of the Sync Notch, at TDC should align with the sensor. When the engine is rotated a further 10deg the sensor should align with the Sync Notch.My main question is regarding the pickup position relative to tdc. Photo is taken with the motor at tdc.
Does this look right?
Here is a copy from the Megasquirt site on the setup for this module http://www.useasydocs.com/details/GM_DIS.htm
The picture in the url below shows the relationship between the Notch and Sync Notch when near TDC.
https://postimg.cc/RNH2xcb9
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: Converting 202 to DIS
Thank you for your information.
I think I have my head around it now.
I have measured where the TDC notch and sync notch are relative to the sensor at TDC.
The TDC notch is exactly 90deg before TDC as it passes the sensor.
So I'm guessing I just need to enter a reference value of 90deg as a spark offset in the ecu.
I think I have my head around it now.
I have measured where the TDC notch and sync notch are relative to the sensor at TDC.
The TDC notch is exactly 90deg before TDC as it passes the sensor.
So I'm guessing I just need to enter a reference value of 90deg as a spark offset in the ecu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.