0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
RADustin
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by RADustin »

Thorwon wrote:Here's a short video of it running.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kIXigekwo-A
check your timing with an index-able light. once you know the offset you can dial it in within the pcm. most XDF files have the offset mapped. use a scan tool to lock the timing.

I've run a few small blocks and big blocks on P01/P59....and recently took my friends Buick 215 for a ride that is P01 and DBW. I love these PCMs.
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by Thorwon »

syntaxterror wrote:Thorwon, what changes did you make in the bin to run on 4 coils?

All I've done is turn off the DTCs for the coils and injectors off. It still needs tuning.
I haven't worked on it in a while, life happens. Sometimes good sometimes not so good.
When I get the opportunity to do more on it, I'll post it.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
syntaxterror
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:34 am

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by syntaxterror »

Thank you, I am playing with a 2.5 ironduke and the 0411 sounds like option.
syntaxterror
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:34 am

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by syntaxterror »

Thorwon. I remember reading that GM and jeep iac use the same connector but have a different pin out.
Last edited by syntaxterror on Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuff
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by Chuff »

Thorwon,

Will you be running this on a MAF tune or a MAP tune?

Thanks.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by Thorwon »

Chuff wrote:Thorwon,

Will you be running this on a MAF tune or a MAP tune?

Thanks.
I am going to try and run it on a map tune. I still reading how to set-up everything.

This is something I've never done.
We'll see how it goes when I get the time to work on it. :thumbup:
Bad things happen FAST!!!
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by Thorwon »

I've found a place that'll laser cut parts. So I sent them this drawing (the PDF) to see how good they do. I ordered 4 of them and it was under $100. That included zinc plating.

I'm pleased to report the parts are very nice. They came in a blister pack and well protected.

Now I need to know. Can use this reluctor with the 0411 as long as I use the correct CPS.

I'm hoping to be able get back to this little project next week. I'll post results when I can.
24x trigger wheel 5 inch test part.pdf
reluctor.png
reluctor 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by DavidBraley »

Very nice! How thick is that wheel?
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by Thorwon »

DavidBraley wrote:Very nice! How thick is that wheel?
It's 0.188 mild steel.

This is the company that made them.
https://sendcutsend.com/
Bad things happen FAST!!!
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: 0411 running a 2.5L Jeep engine

Post by DavidBraley »

Thorwon wrote:
DavidBraley wrote:Very nice! How thick is that wheel?
It's 0.188 mild steel.

This is the company that made them.
https://sendcutsend.com/
Thank you Sir!
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.