We would need to see some logs using Chrysler dealership software or other third party software to start identifying and understanding the diagnostic routines needed for live data ect.acln99 wrote:Hi Gampy - Have you had any break throughs on this. I also still can't get commands to work? Monitoring/reading traffic works fine.
OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
I think there is some problem with byte padding. The dodge stuff might not like it or need specific format.
Meanwhile here is a full emulated flash of random ngc4 file.
Meanwhile here is a full emulated flash of random ngc4 file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
kur4o wrote:I think there is some problem with byte padding. The dodge stuff might not like it or need specific format.
Meanwhile here is a full emulated flash of random ngc4 file.
Code: Select all
TxFlags: ISO15765_FRAME_PADYour Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Hmm, it looks like padding does seem to be an issue ... Now I'm getting some results!
However, I still get no heavy traffic ...
-Enjoy
However, I still get no heavy traffic ...
-Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Hiya,
What vehicles do these ngc3's and 4's come in?(or a couple vins) I'll order one of each and make a bench harness(s) and play along too
What vehicles do these ngc3's and 4's come in?(or a couple vins) I'll order one of each and make a bench harness(s) and play along too
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
acln99
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm
- cars: Dodge Ram
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
NGC3 dodge Rams 2004 2005, Caravan - ~2004 - 2006
NGC4 dodge Charger, 300C Magnum - 2005 - 2010 Rams 2007 - ~2010
NGC4 dodge Charger, 300C Magnum - 2005 - 2010 Rams 2007 - ~2010
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Gampy, thanks for the log, it unleashed the simulated flash of 2010 ngc4+trans.
Here is the full log. Feel free to duplicate as you like.
The tcm ids are 07e1<->07e9.
Great logging worked, I will do more test files using raw CAN and will try to fix byte padding commands in script.
I am still fighting with ngc3 trans flash.
I got the point where tcm is polled for something and can`t find the needed response.
If anyone can log it will be great.
here is the message that needs to be logged
34 11 00 00 45 [45=some sum checksum]
Here is the full log. Feel free to duplicate as you like.
The tcm ids are 07e1<->07e9.
Great logging worked, I will do more test files using raw CAN and will try to fix byte padding commands in script.
I am still fighting with ngc3 trans flash.
I got the point where tcm is polled for something and can`t find the needed response.
If anyone can log it will be great.
here is the message that needs to be logged
34 11 00 00 45 [45=some sum checksum]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
acln99
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm
- cars: Dodge Ram
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
This NGC4 log looks like you are only getting responses to messages you have sent. There should be a continuous string of "broadcast" messages likeGampy wrote:Hmm, it looks like padding does seem to be an issue ... Now I'm getting some results! However, I still get no heavy traffic ...
-Enjoy
(10:42:54.090) 308 00 00 00 02 00 FF FF FF
(10:42:54.090) 210 00 20 00 00 02 00 89 00
(10:42:54.090) 312 26 75 1F FF 06 F4 5C 4B
(10:42:54.090) 212 03 20 85 FF 5C 4B 06 75
(10:42:57.646) 101 00 00 DC DD
(10:42:57.646) 308 00 00 00 02 00 FF FF FF
(10:42:57.646) 239 00 00
(10:42:57.646) 312 26 75 1F FF 06 F4 5C 4B
(10:42:57.646) 3D0 00 00 00 04
(10:42:57.646) 308 00 00 00 42 01 FF FF FF
(10:42:57.646) 210 00 20 00 80 82 00 89 00
(10:42:57.646) 312 46 75 1F FF 06 F4 5C 4B
(10:42:57.646) 212 03 20 85 FF 9C 4B 06 75
(10:42:57.646) 415 91 AC 00 00 00 00 6E
(10:42:57.646) 308 00 00 00 42 01 FF FF FF
(10:42:57.646) 239 00 00
(10:42:57.646) 312 46 75 1F FF 06 F4 5C 4B
(10:42:57.646) 4A0 FF 00 00 00 89 FF 00 AE
My issue is still with ESP32 sending same msg repeatedly as I do not think it is receiving an ACK. So transceiver is simply re-sending continually. Can't find how to turn on ONESHOT mode. Anyone know how ??
-
acln99
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm
- cars: Dodge Ram
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
From what I can tell - looks good - uploads "flash routine" first , then uploads the actual Flash .kur4o wrote:I think there is some problem with byte padding. The dodge stuff might not like it or need specific format.
Meanwhile here is a full emulated flash of random ngc4 file.
What do you need to know ?