interestingly i didn't think you could engineer a car with wilwood calipers. happy to be corrected, it might have changed over the years.
jesus, is that commodorenut? THE commodorenut, ie: from vncommodore.com days? and bendigo swap picking up vs statesman dashes?
FWIW do the DBA2021 fit the VT/VX etc? i need a new pair of rotors for the rear of my VX and i'd much prefer vented than solid.
Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
commodorenut
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 am
- cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
Yes the DBA2021 are a vented direct replacement for all VT VX VY And VZ rear
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
Might have to give these a try...vp ute feels horrid with 1/2 ton in tray trying to stop
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
bewdycommodorenut wrote:Yes the DBA2021 are a vented direct replacement for all VT VX VY And VZ rear
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
Quick question.
I've come across a set of VS HSV rear brakes with the 280mm rotors and calipers. Do these calipers bolt straight on or do they need a dogbone type bracket to space them out?
Thanks
I've come across a set of VS HSV rear brakes with the 280mm rotors and calipers. Do these calipers bolt straight on or do they need a dogbone type bracket to space them out?
Thanks
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
Any pics?
The standards are 280mm aren't they?
The standards are 280mm aren't they?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
TBH, I was questioning that myself. Might have to go and measure up.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

I'm starting to think these are just standard VS rear brakes with a upgraded/slotted rotor. I seem to remember the HSV upgrade having finned calipers and vented rotors.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
When you said VS HSV, I imagined something for IRS since VP and onward higher end HSVs were IRS if I am not mistaken, at least the ones where the brakes were upgraded.
The ones you might be thinking of is the VN group A rear brakes, which indeed are 280mm but vented and finned calipers. I have NOS calipers at home for those brakes.
Those I'm sure are just standard VN-VS brakes.
The ones you might be thinking of is the VN group A rear brakes, which indeed are 280mm but vented and finned calipers. I have NOS calipers at home for those brakes.
Those I'm sure are just standard VN-VS brakes.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
Since this thread was dug up, I'll add the nice vac pump I found for anyone interested.
https://www.mpbrakes.com/accessories/ac ... AB08A490F7
https://www.mpbrakes.com/images/MPB-F200-23.pdf
https://www.mpbrakes.com/accessories/ac ... AB08A490F7
https://www.mpbrakes.com/images/MPB-F200-23.pdf