Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
Just wondering if anyone has come across a universal 5 wire o2 sensor & even if not can you buy any 5 wire o2 sensor & cut/shut in original harness & if so can you use a multimeter to figure which wire is what if colour coding is different… I guess you’d also need to make sure it’s a LSU 4.2 or 4.9 somehow.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
The only reason I asked this was for Mazda 3’s of 2004-2010 era they are common to play up & worth around $400 which I think is ridiculous!
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
The cheapest LSU 4.2 I have found is genuine Holden.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
Yeah but does anyone know the resistance testing to know what colour wires to use if the coding is different?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
I thought all LSU of a certain version all use the same plug? Unless it's the whole Jap do it differently to industry standard thing?
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
Hiya all,vlad01 wrote:I thought all LSU of a certain version all use the same plug? Unless it's the whole Jap do it differently to industry standard thing?
It sucks to report, I have seen 4.9's with a 4.2 plug
This is the cheapest real Bosch 4.9 I have found https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 483&jsn=66
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
I thought they had different plugs. I wanted to upgrade my LM2 and it involved a different cable and firmware upgrade to swap over. Maybe those 4.9s were made in China by schoolkids. I can't really see the Japs changing things around.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
There is heaps of fakes floating around. We did a write up on fake ones that were coming with the 14Point7 kits a few years back, so when Gareth was reselling the kits, he got the controllers from 14Point7 and sourced the sensors from Bosch directly, they were about 120-150 AUD for the sensor iirc, so the price reflected Genuine. The fakes are a fraction of that price.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Universal 5 wire o2 sensor
Is there a way to test to know if it's LSU 4.2 or 4.9?