Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 bytes 4

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
DethRattles
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:38 am
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by DethRattles »

it didnt work.. a whole lot closer though and it still wont let me reply in pms sometimes
[09:47:41:979] PCM Hammer - P04 TEST Build 824.11.20230406@2104 (4/6/2023, 9:04 PM)
[09:47:41:983] Thursday, April 06 2023 @09:47:41:98
[09:47:41:994] Initializing J2534 Device
[09:47:42:028] Loaded DLL
[09:47:47:714] Connected to the device.
[09:47:47:761] Battery Voltage is: 12.986
[09:48:28:061] Will save to C:\Users\unluc\OneDrive\Documents\grandaam.bin
[09:48:33:371] Querying operating system of current PCM.
[09:48:33:462] OSID: 12589762
[09:48:33:471] WARNING: P04 Read is EXPERIMENTAL ONLY.
[09:48:33:471] It may or may not read your P04 correctly. The read will be VERY SLOW.
[09:48:39:445] Unlock succeeded.
[09:48:39:496] Attempting switch to VPW 4x
[09:48:39:721] Module 0x10 (engine controller) has agreed to enter high-speed mode.
[09:48:44:785] Kernel upload 100% complete.
[09:48:51:241] Kernel Version: 080204FC
[09:48:51:248] kernel uploaded to PCM succesfully. Requesting data...
[09:50:31:972] Unable to read block from 13824 to 14335
[09:50:32:246] Clearing trouble codes.
[09:50:33:359] Elapsed time 00:01:53.9041993
[09:50:33:367] Read failed, Error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by Gampy »

I just sent a small packet version, 128 bytes, it'll be slow, maybe it'll work!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by antus »

That looks like the same issue I was having on only one particular pcm/bin for P04 with the C kernel. In my case I had to go down to 8 byte packets to get it to work :( We need that asm kernel we have been talking about.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DethRattles
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:38 am
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by DethRattles »

this version seemed to do the best. it was Unable to read block from 14208 to 14335 and before that it was 13880 to 14335
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DethRattles
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:38 am
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by DethRattles »

antus wrote:That looks like the same issue I was having on only one particular pcm/bin for P04 with the C kernel. In my case I had to go down to 8 byte packets to get it to work :( We need that asm kernel we have been talking about.


If it works then i'll try it...i do have 2 of these po4's withe the same part numbers just different vins. Weve only been working on the bench one and not the one still in the vehicle. I would need the need hammer to work with my osid of 12584933
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by Gampy »

Sent, 8 byte packet test ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
zack4200
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by zack4200 »

DethRattles wrote:Oh lord ... i was hoping it would be easy. Is there anything i can do at the moment? I'm watching youtube videos of how to turn a bin into an xdf and mind is literally blown. Not sure if i'm gonna be able to do that. When i flashed my volvo it was easy...the bin and xdf file was already on a site.. https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/ECU_Flashin ... p_TunerPro: I never imagined what it was actually like. Thank you so much for all of the help!
I didn't see this part get addressed, but my advice (for the p04 at least) would be to just use Universal Patcher for tuning and pretend XDFs don't exist. They're not needed for UP, and don't really exist for the p04 bins. If you really wanted to use TunerPro for tuning, you can use UP to export an XDF, then go to TunerPro but it's just an extra unnecessary step imo.
DethRattles
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:38 am
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by DethRattles »

This 8bit is killing me ..it's half done and I started it 5min after you sent it.


I didnt know that I could use universal patcher that way...is there a good beginner tutorial that you know of?
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by Gampy »

Yea, it'll take a while at 8 bytes per packet!

524,288 / 8 = 65,536 packets of data to transmit ...

A while back, for giggles, I did a 1 byte packet read on an AMD P59,
[12:39:30:977] Elapsed time 21:44:45.8151721
The debug log is: 320,866,389 bytes in size. ;)

The person that writes the Help file for Universal Patcher has their work cut out, that is all I got to say about that!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:38 am
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by DethRattles »

I can't imagine 1 byte :? anyways...what steps do I do when it's finished? It's at 90% I'm hoping it makes it...and is there anything free to change the bench vin onto the one in the car?...for free?