P04 R&W Testing
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: P04 R&W Testing
That was it... output attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
kur4o,
Might I ask the purpose of this script ...
I see what it's done, just wondering what outcome you were looking for.
Thank you!
-Enjoy
Might I ask the purpose of this script ...
I see what it's done, just wondering what outcome you were looking for.
Thank you!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: P04 R&W Testing
It reads all 3c data that is stored within a pcm, With some luck gm might have left some unique identifier that is the same for p04 family, but more examples will be needed to find a pattern.
-
Gatecrasher
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
I did the same thing with a Python script on mine. It's mostly junk. I think the best we can hope for is using the 3C 04 hardware part number, the TIS database, and some manual labor to match the two up.
All of the information needed is defined in the diagnostic spec, but almost none of it is implemented.
The flash kernels are also supposed to check some kind of software compatibility ID prior to writing, but I've never seen that explained either.
All of the information needed is defined in the diagnostic spec, but almost none of it is implemented.
The flash kernels are also supposed to check some kind of software compatibility ID prior to writing, but I've never seen that explained either.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Well, then here is another ...
Just trying to learn and understand ...
Like I stated with the first question, I can see what it has done, I know it's looping and reading all 3C's, that is obvious.
I now know the purpose and what you are looking for, my last question, and your response.
Now I would like to know why you are running it twice with only a slight change, and what that change is ??
-Enjoy
Like I stated with the first question, I can see what it has done, I know it's looping and reading all 3C's, that is obvious.
I now know the purpose and what you are looking for, my last question, and your response.
Now I would like to know why you are running it twice with only a slight change, and what that change is ??
getseed:5:06
Thank you says the inquisitive mind!getseed:5:0e
-Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Gampy wrote:
Now I would like to know why you are running it twice with only a slight change, and what that change is ??getseed:5:06Thank you says the inquisitive mind!getseed:5:0e
-Enjoy
When module is unlocked sometimes spits more data out of it.
It runs twice since 96-97 use algo 06, while 98-05 use algo 0e, that way I cover both with one script.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Ah, Yes, Ok that makes sense ...
Mode 3C doesn't actually need to be unlocked, you just do it because sometimes it returns more data.
As a personal learning exercise, I edited the script, looping only once, no unlock, the results are identical, obviously not duplicated ...
I really need to set down and figure the scripting out, just haven't taken the time to do it!
Thank you very much!
-Enjoy
Mode 3C doesn't actually need to be unlocked, you just do it because sometimes it returns more data.
As a personal learning exercise, I edited the script, looping only once, no unlock, the results are identical, obviously not duplicated ...
I really need to set down and figure the scripting out, just haven't taken the time to do it!
Thank you very much!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Script is very useful for running some sequence of data without hardcoding it. It does have some limitations like logic to retry on failure or do some other funny things. Here is some test script to play around and get better knowledge with commands.Gampy wrote:Ah, Yes, Ok that makes sense ...
Mode 3C doesn't actually need to be unlocked, you just do it because sometimes it returns more data.
As a personal learning exercise, I edited the script, looping only once, no unlock, the results are identical, obviously not duplicated ...
I really need to set down and figure the scripting out, just haven't taken the time to do it!
Thank you very much!
-Enjoy
It is for p04, on main file, first upload is loader only, second upload is a read addon, the smaller separate file is a chipid code that will save chip id in the ram address that is in the file name. You cut what`s not needed, and see how it acts.
I didn`t test it with current version so some timings may need readjust.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
Thank you sir!
I shall have a play ...
-Enjoy
I shall have a play ...
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: P04 R&W Testing
kur4o,
To confirm, P04_read_1000_x4_0E_v1.txt worked flawless as is!
Using v22.06.
I did verify a packet out of the middle, it was perfect, I did not combine all and verify, IMO it would be a waste of time, I'm sure it's PERFECT!
So sweet, so easy!
I put together the particulate to upload the FlashID Kernel, it loads perfect, it times out, things move on!
Now how do I request the data (FlashID) it put in RAM address, in this case FFA000 ??
And does it need to be unlocked to do so ??
Thank you!
-Enjoy
To confirm, P04_read_1000_x4_0E_v1.txt worked flawless as is!
Using v22.06.
I did verify a packet out of the middle, it was perfect, I did not combine all and verify, IMO it would be a waste of time, I'm sure it's PERFECT!
So sweet, so easy!
I put together the particulate to upload the FlashID Kernel, it loads perfect, it times out, things move on!
Now how do I request the data (FlashID) it put in RAM address, in this case FFA000 ??
And does it need to be unlocked to do so ??
Thank you!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!