I did it ... But it didn't do it!
Bummer ... Back to the researching board!
At least I know the failure path is working ...
Edit; Oh, yea, it did no harm either, the PCM is still readable!
Edit2; Also note that this is an AMD AM29F400B chipped unit.
-Enjoy
PCMHammer P04
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: PCMHammer P04
Yep,
BUMMER! SO close.
But, I know you'll get there EVENTUALLY!
Btw, could someone check out the text of the message displayed at the bottom?
There is a typo in that it says "Content" on one line, then immediately following, has it on the NEXT line!
Mike.
BUMMER! SO close.
But, I know you'll get there EVENTUALLY!
Btw, could someone check out the text of the message displayed at the bottom?
There is a typo in that it says "Content" on one line, then immediately following, has it on the NEXT line!
Mike.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
Awe, yes sir, I see, thank you for pointing that out ...MudDuck514 wrote:Btw, could someone check out the text of the message displayed at the bottom?
There is a typo in that it says "Content" on one line, then immediately following, has it on the NEXT line!
I guess NSFW wanted to double the content ...
Added to my todo notes.
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
So I whipped out the other P04 like PCM, looks like this one ?? PCM, fixed up PCMHammer ... BTW, it reads like a P04 but uses algorithm 0x06. So IMO it's pre what we call the P04.
Fixed up a bin, unfortunately got the same exact response, and it uses an Intel 28F400B ...
Bummer!
-Enjoy
Fixed up a bin, unfortunately got the same exact response, and it uses an Intel 28F400B ...
Bummer!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Desert_SLing
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2022 3:24 am
- cars: 90 TGP, 98 & 01 GTP, 99 Silverado, 84 monte Carlo, 93 storm gsi
Re: PCMHammer P04
Hello I've been lurking trying here and there to add to this dev (since 20). Long story short I bricked a P04 with DST and a low battery. Pulling eeproms my willem did me wrong however...
I was testing your read kernel and did several reads then went off ordered a t48 and downloaded bins. None of the bins from the web worked regardless of byte swapping. With some prayer comparing the bins via win compare, tiny tuner and patcher I used two binaries from my testing of your read kernel. I was able to recover three p04's. I used an avt-84x (jet dst), obdx, and vcx nano for reading. Fusing with tis and a genisys touch passthrough while using fw MrVci 3829 I wrote to the PCM's.
So bravo and thanks for bailing me out of GP down time.
I was testing your read kernel and did several reads then went off ordered a t48 and downloaded bins. None of the bins from the web worked regardless of byte swapping. With some prayer comparing the bins via win compare, tiny tuner and patcher I used two binaries from my testing of your read kernel. I was able to recover three p04's. I used an avt-84x (jet dst), obdx, and vcx nano for reading. Fusing with tis and a genisys touch passthrough while using fw MrVci 3829 I wrote to the PCM's.
So bravo and thanks for bailing me out of GP down time.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
Thank you ...
It's good to hear success stories!
-Enjoy
It's good to hear success stories!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
Having trouble finding the Flash Unlock (setup/initialize) code for the AMD P04, it appears we have Intel working, but I cannot get AMD working.
Any help digging out the AMD Flash Unlock code would be appreciated ...
-Enjoy
Any help digging out the AMD Flash Unlock code would be appreciated ...
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCMHammer P04
NOthing special for AMDGampy wrote:Having trouble finding the Flash Unlock (setup/initialize) code for the AMD P04, it appears we have Intel working, but I cannot get AMD working.
Any help digging out the AMD Flash Unlock code would be appreciated ...
-Enjoy
This is all that is done to amd/intel 04-05 pcm
ANything else should be identical to p59 amd flash, other than chip sectors
SECTORS for 22abmove.w (word_FF9F24).l[$6820],(word_FFFFFA4A).w
move.w (word_FF9F26).l[$7020],(word_FFFFFA4E).w
move.w (word_FF9F22).l[$0006],(word_FFFFFA4C).w
move.w (word_FF9F20).l[$0006],(word_FFFFFA48).w
clr.l (dword_FFA03A).l
ROM:00FF9EEC dc.l 0
ROM:00FF9EF0 dc.l unk_2000
ROM:00FF9EF4 dc.l unk_8000
ROM:00FF9EF8 dc.l unk_10000
ROM:00FF9EFC dc.l unk_20000
ROM:00FF9F00 dc.l unk_30000
ROM:00FF9F04 dc.l unk_40000
ROM:00FF9F08 dc.l unk_50000
ROM:00FF9F0C dc.l unk_60000
ROM:00FF9F10 dc.l unk_70000
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCMHammer P04
Same unlock code I have ... Thanks!
To be clear this is the wrong layout for said chip (Id: 000122AB) AMD AM29F400BB
To be clear this is the wrong layout for said chip (Id: 000122AB) AMD AM29F400BB
This is the correct layout, -Enjoykur4o wrote: SECTORS for 22abROM:00FF9EEC dc.l 0
ROM:00FF9EF0 dc.l unk_2000
ROM:00FF9EF4 dc.l unk_8000
ROM:00FF9EF8 dc.l unk_10000
ROM:00FF9EFC dc.l unk_20000
ROM:00FF9F00 dc.l unk_30000
ROM:00FF9F04 dc.l unk_40000
ROM:00FF9F08 dc.l unk_50000
ROM:00FF9F0C dc.l unk_60000
ROM:00FF9F10 dc.l unk_70000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCMHammer P04
That is correct I missed some segments that are not used with factory flash
List should be
0
2000
4000
6000
8000
10000
20000
30000
40000
50000
60000
70000
Verified with gm pcms. NOt sure what is on the manual, but this is tested to work with that chip-pcm combo.
These addresses are loaded during erase in amd registers.
List should be
0
2000
4000
6000
8000
10000
20000
30000
40000
50000
60000
70000
Verified with gm pcms. NOt sure what is on the manual, but this is tested to work with that chip-pcm combo.
These addresses are loaded during erase in amd registers.