Converting 202 to DIS

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by inj gtr202 »

kojab wrote:I posted this on a previous thread.

Its easy to test to see if the injectors are stuck. Just get a 1.5V Volt single cell D battery or similar and make one permanent connection to the injector and with the other connection flash
it on and off the battery " quickly" and listen for a click. If you hear a click you will know the injector is not stuck.


The reason for using a 1.5 Volt battery is you are limiting the current. Putting a 12 volt car battery across the injector may damage the injector.

If I don't hear a click with the 1.5 Volt battery I will then slowly increase the voltage and in most cases I have managed to free up a stuck injector.

Many cases I have had all 8 injectors stuck and managed to free them up using this method.
Thanks for the info.
I'm getting no clicks with the full 12 volts on 4 of them.
I'm guessing the ECU only delivers 5v when the engine is running so yeah. probable shouldn't give them a full boot if I intend to use them again
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by inj gtr202 »

Currently looking at new injectors.
I'd prefer to upgrade slightly as I do remember the ones installed being just big enough.
Would these be suitable with my fuel rail and manifiold if the previous injectors where Bosch 280 150 790 (EA-EL Falcon)
I'm aware I'd have to adjust the Kinj/flow in my tables to suit.

https://outlawspeed.com.au/shop/af49-1900
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by inj gtr202 »

Just realized there are 2 different types of connectors.

I have Jetronic type.
Maybe these?

https://outlawspeed.com.au/shop/bo0280155868
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by vlad01 »

You can get genuine injectors of many types and flows, sizes etc... But they are expensive. Typically one injector is about 80-90 bucks each, but well worth it given how junk the knock off ones are.

EFI hardware sell genuine injectors, although I have not purchased any from them yet. I'd like to get some narrow pattern ones about 30-40 lb flow. They sell the L67 ones but I am not sure on the spray pattern on them. At least with the V6 and batch fire, wide pattern ones are a step backwards I found over the original factory narrow pattern. That's because of the wall wetting the wider ones cause and lack of back of valve delivery. On a 202 I'm not sure of that situation.
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by inj gtr202 »

vlad01 wrote:You can get genuine injectors of many types and flows, sizes etc... But they are expensive. Typically one injector is about 80-90 bucks each, but well worth it given how junk the knock off ones are.

EFI hardware sell genuine injectors, although I have not purchased any from them yet. I'd like to get some narrow pattern ones about 30-40 lb flow. They sell the L67 ones but I am not sure on the spray pattern on them. At least with the V6 and batch fire, wide pattern ones are a step backwards I found over the original factory narrow pattern. That's because of the wall wetting the wider ones cause and lack of back of valve delivery. On a 202 I'm not sure of that situation.
I'm literally about to give EFI Hardware a call in regards to these.
https://www.efihardware.com/products/63 ... -B34693.0H

I think I'm going to get new ones and I'm pretty sure that these are compatible with my set up. I'm not keen on having to pull my manifold off again.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by vlad01 »

I just messaged them before about the same injectors asking if they know the pattern width. It says pencil pattern, so I assume narrow but given the non SC ecotec injectors are pretty wide pattern I wouldn't count on it.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by antus »

Looks good to me. All good options. As far as genuine I would trust outlaw, pretty big outlet, and they are official aeroflow distributors and other brands. They move a lot of product and would be on the official bosch distribution chain. Outlaw might have them in stock if you want to see if it runs this weekend.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
inj gtr202
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by inj gtr202 »

Ended up Ordering 6 of these from EFI Hardware
https://www.efihardware.com/products/63 ... -B34693.0H

Very helpful over the phone and they should hopefully arrive early next week.

Hopefully I can get the Kinj/flow close enough to use the existing tables
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by antus »

Also consider injector openening time vs voltage data, if available. It'll especially help low pulsewidth delivery where opening time is a large % of the total flow - eg to get your idle right.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Converting 202 to DIS

Post by vlad01 »

If the design from when the L67 were new hasn't changed, then I have the factory offset and calibration tables you can use that I plugged into 12P for a member I helped out a few years ago tune his SC14 VN v6 in a Gemini.