custom remap to suite super6 ?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: custom remap to suite super6 ?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

HI, What boost pressure is it actually seeing on fully load over 80Kmh?

If it's getting close to 17 to 18 Psi like I would expect, chances are you don't have any option but to leave it kalmaker as there isn't a mafless option aftermarket other than kalmaker as far as I know.

at 17+ psi it will be getting passed the point a maf can handle I'm pretty sure even if you get a bigger maf!

You can make up a xdf to look at your tune but it is very time consuming & a pita!
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: custom remap to suite super6 ?

Post by Jayme »

yeah I think I agree a2a is the way to go... my mates just bolted down his charger to a w2a cooler plate, and the rotors went tight when he bolted it down, I think hes going to throw over the shoulder as a bad experience and look into a2a.

@Creepyvs - as far as being able to tune it yourself and possibly get rid of kalmaker, you can always repin the loom to a delco 808 and run our custom $12P software from this site. thats exactly what I plan on doing to my mates L67 if he goes for an a2a cooler.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: custom remap to suite super6 ?

Post by ejukated »

Jayme, you can get that warping with A2A too. Just a warning so you're not disappointed, its easy to distort the charger housing, you have to basically tighten it down carefully whilst rotating the charger snout by hand to check for any grinding. Type of gaskets and uneven clamping is what usually causes it
CREEPYVS
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 pm
cars: SUPER CHARGED A2A MANUAL V6 VS SII
L67 M35
Location: Rockingham WA

Re: custom remap to suite super6 ?

Post by CREEPYVS »

the boost gauge was seeing 15 on load b4 iv had the blower rebuilt and i know ill be seeing 16-18 easy once its all running again. I Had a new rotor pack sent from the US for my poor m90 and cleaned up the inside of the thing for better flow .
when bolting down any a2w and a2a setup it dose need to be torqued up slowly and evenly also a nice thin layer of gasket good to fill the voids KEEP turning the blower by hand
if you hear any scrapign noise back it off it took me a hour+ to get mine bolted down nice.
Jayme wrote:@Creepyvs - as far as being able to tune it yourself and possibly get rid of kalmaker, you can always repin the loom to a delco 808 and run our custom $12P software from this site. thats exactly what I plan on doing to my mates L67 if he goes for an a2a cooler.

Im going to need help with this and that sounds like a good idea cause i cant do any thing with kalmaker.