Tuner pro RT crashing

For questions relating to the configuration and use of tunerpro
Jdodd
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 am
cars: 88 Vn berlina v8 auto
94 ED xr6 wagon
83 910 bluebird

Tuner pro RT crashing

Post by Jdodd »

Hi guys. I'm having issues with tuner pro RT crashing after a few minutes of having a data list or histogram open when connected to vehicle. I'm using windows 10 (tiny10). Envyous customs aldl cable. Vehicle is a 99 vs V6 auto with nvram fitted and vs V6 enhanced bin, xdf and adx loaded. Any help would be great.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Tuner pro RT crashing

Post by antus »

Whats the crash message say?

In general it sounds like a problem with the laptop or its power supply though. TunerproRT and that hardware is normally stable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jdodd
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 am
cars: 88 Vn berlina v8 auto
94 ED xr6 wagon
83 910 bluebird

Re: Tuner pro RT crashing

Post by Jdodd »

No message, tuner pro just completely closes down. Open back up, reconnect and open a histogram or dash and fault returns after a minute or two. Seems to be fine when reading bin or doing any updates to bin. Etc. Very odd. I can also be sitting when not connected to vehicle looking through bins for hours with no issues.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Tuner pro RT crashing

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I have had that before when it was a corrupt xdf or adx or something, I think it was if it was created with an old version or something... but it was an older version of tunerpro I was using at the time too, haven't had it happen for a while.
Jdodd
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 am
cars: 88 Vn berlina v8 auto
94 ED xr6 wagon
83 910 bluebird

Re: Tuner pro RT crashing

Post by Jdodd »

I have read about plugins in the plugin folder causing issues. There was one in there for elm327 I moved out of that folder temporarily and tried it this morning and didn't crash but then tonight after 20 mins crashed again. I'll try again tomorrow night. I'm also a bit sus on using tiny10 version of windows so I may try it on another laptop with normal win 10. Thanks for all the help so far.