Hiya,
Don't feel bad. There are plenty of times I attempt to read stuff and have to ignore the OS ID and just go with what I think might work. Not PCM Hammer related, just wanted to throw that out there.
PCM Hammer Release 021
-
In-Tech
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 am
- Location: California
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
That's just it, I shouldn't be missing stupid simple things like that ... I want to blame it on the Morphine and roll it in like most folks would do, but then what do I do, set here stewing on the reality of what's coming!, But that's not it, I just flat missed it.
Pisses me of royally!
I am off the Steroids ATM and hecka tired, I cannot keep my eyes open, so gonna go take a nap with my feet up the wall and see if I can get this club foot down a bit (swelling).
-Enjoy
Pisses me of royally!
I am off the Steroids ATM and hecka tired, I cannot keep my eyes open, so gonna go take a nap with my feet up the wall and see if I can get this club foot down a bit (swelling).
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
mechfab
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:48 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
debug log from the app store version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mechfab on Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
mechfab
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:48 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
ok than that make it evan more strange as the version i download an unzip are the only ones that wont read the pcm.antus wrote:[03:08:25:332] OSID: 1273002
The OSID is not recognised. Probably in a future version of pcmhammer we'll get the size from the flash chip definition instead of the osid definition (which doesnt exist, hence 0 bytes). But at this stage, that's not how it works.
yet the version from Microsoft app store reads it fine no problems.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
I think the microsoft app store version is a *lot* older, it probably presumes its an ls1 pcm correctly, but does not work for the other pcms that newer pcmhammer works with (and why the osid logic changed since then).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
mechfab
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:48 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
arhh right that makes sense, ill have a look at what it supports and load that onto the bench unit to try again with,
Cheeers
Cheeers
-
mechfab
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:48 pm
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
i can indeed confirm after loading a Osid that pcm hammer works with it reads the file correctly
my bad been a while since ive used software like this ive mainly been using hp tuners last few years
Thanks for the help
Thanks for the help
-
emilebos2
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:10 am
- cars: 02 VU SS Holden ute (LS1)
02 WH Holden Caprice (LS1)
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
So I’m a newb to tuning and for starters. Have started my skill up with PCM Hammer 021 and would like to change my fan 1 & 2 on/off temps after fitting a new thermostat to my 02 WH Holden Caprice LS1.
Recently ordered and received my OBDX Pro GT to get me into the PCM via PCM Hammer & Universal Patcher. The OBDX Pro GT is connecting, but when I try to do a PCM read I get the error: “VIN query failed: Timeout” Has anyone else experienced this issue?
My initial thought is the factory tune might be locked? Are factory bin files locked??

Recently ordered and received my OBDX Pro GT to get me into the PCM via PCM Hammer & Universal Patcher. The OBDX Pro GT is connecting, but when I try to do a PCM read I get the error: “VIN query failed: Timeout” Has anyone else experienced this issue?
My initial thought is the factory tune might be locked? Are factory bin files locked??

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
Select the OBDX Pro device as a serial device, do not select it as a J2534 device.emilebos2 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:38 am So I’m a newb to tuning and for starters. Have started my skill up with PCM Hammer 021 and would like to change my fan 1 & 2 on/off temps after fitting a new thermostat to my 02 WH Holden Caprice LS1.
Recently ordered and received my OBDX Pro GT to get me into the PCM via PCM Hammer & Universal Patcher. The OBDX Pro GT is connecting, but when I try to do a PCM read I get the error: “VIN query failed: Timeout” Has anyone else experienced this issue?
My initial thought is the factory tune might be locked? Are factory bin files locked??
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
emilebos2
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:10 am
- cars: 02 VU SS Holden ute (LS1)
02 WH Holden Caprice (LS1)
Re: PCM Hammer Release 021
Thanks Tazzi. will give that a go tonight and provide an update 