DBW not turning off VATS

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
MtnPwnd

DBW not turning off VATS

Post by MtnPwnd »

Good Morning!

I have been using Universal Patcher and PCM hammer for a little while now just doing Vats deletes and the typical easy stuff for people but I've noticed that when it comes to a DBW PCM, Universal patcher is unable to write a two to that segment and turn off VATS. I only have 0:Class2_VTD and 1:None_VTD but when I switch over to HP Tuners, 1 equates to PWM. When you compare it to a DBC pcm, you can write a 2:None_VTD and when you check it in HP Tuners, that checks out and it says None in the VATS segment. Any ideas here? Is there an update out there somewhere that will allow me to write that 2 in that segment or am I stuck having to License every DBW PCM out there?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: DBW not turning off VATS

Post by ironduke »

You can edit the xml file yourself to allow a 2 if you think that will fix your problem..
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

MtnPwnd wrote:Good Morning!

I have been using Universal Patcher and PCM hammer for a little while now just doing Vats deletes and the typical easy stuff for people but I've noticed that when it comes to a DBW PCM, Universal patcher is unable to write a two to that segment and turn off VATS. I only have 0:Class2_VTD and 1:None_VTD but when I switch over to HP Tuners, 1 equates to PWM. When you compare it to a DBC pcm, you can write a 2:None_VTD and when you check it in HP Tuners, that checks out and it says None in the VATS segment. Any ideas here? Is there an update out there somewhere that will allow me to write that 2 in that segment or am I stuck having to License every DBW PCM out there?

Check this thread as ironduke suggested.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8131&p=122534&hilit=VATS#p122534
Last edited by kur4o on Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MtnPwnd

Post by MtnPwnd »

ironduke wrote:You can edit the xml file yourself to allow a 2 if you think that will fix your problem..
I'd be happy to do that if I knew how to do that.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

MtnPwnd wrote:
ironduke wrote:You can edit the xml file yourself to allow a 2 if you think that will fix your problem..
I'd be happy to do that if I knew how to do that.
Have you tested VATS off with universal patcher to see if it works and possibly hpt is wrong for that particular ecm as kur40 has suggested? He is the expert here.. I do seem to remember some sort of discussion about this exact issue here, maybe try searching for that as well..

Read this, see if this pertains to your ecu and OS?
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8131&p=122534&hilit=VATS#p122534
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah some OS have 0,1,2 and others have 0,1. Not all definitions and apps are correct out there. If you can test that you really need a 2 for it to work and you are not getting it you can probably post a sample before and after bin with a note that it worked, what the osid is, and request the universal patcher authors look in to it. They may have it right, or they may need to update their table search to be smarter in identifying which PCMs are 0,1,2 and which are 0,1.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396