VP Chip Identification.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Stag76
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am
cars: Triumph TR7 - fitted with VT EcoTec+4l60e Auto
Triumph TR7 fitted with L27+TH700 (WIP)

VP Chip Identification.

Post by Stag76 »

I've got a TL866 Mini Programmer that I intend to use to remove VATS etc. from a VP Memcal.
The problem I've got is that I can't identify which chip to select out of the 13000+ options.
Can anybody tell me which one it is.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: VP Chip Identification.

Post by Charlescrown »

I think from memory the VN VP uses a 27C128.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VP Chip Identification.

Post by antus »

Yep. They're all 27C UV erase series EPROM, and VN/VP are 16Kbyte which is 128kbit which is 27C128.
Note that 12P is 32Kbyte, so you can disable VATS, but you cant update to 12P without installing a larger PROM, if you go that way Electronic Erase 256Kbyte is a step up. If you replace, its a direct swap.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Stag76
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am
cars: Triumph TR7 - fitted with VT EcoTec+4l60e Auto
Triumph TR7 fitted with L27+TH700 (WIP)

Re: VP Chip Identification.

Post by Stag76 »

Thanks for that.
I've read the chip, saved the BIN, then opened it in TunerPro using one of the .XDF files , and it's given me Scalars, Flags and Tables , but I cannot locate the VATS
parameter.
Which section should I be looking in.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP Chip Identification.

Post by vlad01 »

VPs don't have VATS. They use a dedicated physical ATM (anti theft module), that merely just enables the 12V power going to the ECU.
Stag76
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am
cars: Triumph TR7 - fitted with VT EcoTec+4l60e Auto
Triumph TR7 fitted with L27+TH700 (WIP)

Re: VP Chip Identification.

Post by Stag76 »

Thanks.