Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Ford information and tools can be found here
peter351

Re: Ford AU eec-v pcm .bin read options in 2023

Post by peter351 »

SoullessShadow wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:20 pm Update on this. So my super quality aliexpress buy finally showed up after getting lost in the post. They threw in Malware on the software CD at no extra charge so that was nice of them.
But managed to hook it all up and get it working. Tested it on a Toyota 86 seems to work well. Also did a ms43 BMW pcm on bench harness so im impressed it worked at all tbh.

The only AU I have here atm is a Manual E-Gas Ute. The Kess can ID the HW as been 2R23XA and SW as NGICA22.HEX but cant seem to read the ecu while its in the car. I haven't made a bench loom for one yet. VX L67 some details on yours would be handy and save some time aswell. But for ~$85 bucks I cant complain to much
Hi SoullessShadow , any further updates on your highest quality aliexpress KessV2 K-tag usage on the ford AU's ? cheers
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

I'm pretty sure the AU ecu can't be reflashed. You can dump the rom but you'll need a small interface if you want to run a custom tune. The protocol the ECU uses smooshes all the address and data lines into on a few signals so you need a small CPLD/FPGA to decode/encode the data into a form the ECU can read.

If you're getting one of those J3 boards anyway, they also have programming hardware to change the tune in them. Kess won't be all that useful aside from dumping the stock ROM, if it can even do that.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I feel like i was using something like PCMFlash or one of those tools that flashed the EECV ecus. This is going back a while when I was working on PWM support but I think that was the one?

I was using a AU ECU on the bench when testing it all out.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

I've been poking at the EEC-V computers for a while, nothing related to AU though, but PCM Flash is what I used. For US models, 96-97 EEC-V doesn't work from what I've tested across several models, 1998-2003 works as long as the computer is the EEC-V type (216kb). 2004+ EEC-V I haven't tested, but looks like Crown vic for 2004 had a one year only Canbus EEC-V computer, so need to source one of those and test some day.

Other models like Taurus switched to a PCM-D186 computer which reads under module 21 PCM150F 1472kb and validated one read compared against another tuner's dump using different software. Funny thing is, those ones kept the EEC-V 104 pin connector so they look identical besides what the sticker says and clearly inside things aren't the same. I have had a successful write with these as well (pats off). Seems like theres next to no info about this era of computer though, but that's a whole different topic. Pretty sure different cpu and such anyway, so pretty unrelated to EEC-V besides the connector.

Of my understanding the 96-97 EEC-V's should be possible to read/write over OBD2, at least in other software it appears to be an option, but I haven't personally validated by buying a license with the other software for it.
Ford EEC-V Bin Converter (bank swapping and padding): viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342