Righto, first race meeting out of the way and have mostly proven the setup. New motor has heaps of grunt, great oil pressure and runs much cooler than before. Some of the teething issues where dialing in the oil pressure, straight out of the box the dry sump pump sent the oil pressure guage back around on itself

after a couple of goes at adjusting the relief valve I got it down to 80 PSI at high RPM with hot oil so I'll call that sorted. Changing the oil has become a bit of a job with having to drain the motor, tank and cooler. System holds about 9lt.
I had to remake the the dry sump pump mount out of heavier material as the pump was wobbling about flexing the 6mm mount too easily. 10mm plate fixed that but I noticed that one of the brace welds has started to crack, more thought needed there. According to the plugs there's a little more to do on the tune, a little fat (not much) and less timing (total is at 24?). Cranking compression is now up around 255psi. I also had trouble on the dyno with the stretch fit alternator belt getting the whips up and eventually flicking off taking out the water pump wiring and the dry sump belt

. A fixed tensioner pulley sorted that. I also added sides to the dry sump and alternator pullies to prevent the belt from walking.
Moving forward, looks like I need to replace and pin the rear main seal as it is leaking (probably from the mega oil pressure on start up), repair and brace the dry sump mount and then head back on the dyno to touch up the tune. The pink trace is the old motor.
IMG_2852.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
IMG_2879.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...