E38 Negative Response to read-write ECU

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: E38 Negative Response to read-write ECU

Post by Tazzi »

VX L67 Getrag wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:29 am Not sure if I'm doing it correct as I have no idea what I'm doing & not sure if it connected correctly as it says no handshake?
Termite
Trying using “savvycan”. Pretty sure you can use a j2534 tool with it and log (I think?)

It’s way more accurate and allows selecting which IDS you wanna monitor exactly.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: E38 Negative Response to read-write ECU

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ahh ok I’ll have a look at savvycan, hopefully it’s more user friendly for a novice!
gmtech825
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: E38 Negative Response to read-write ECU

Post by gmtech825 »

Tazzi wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:51 am
VX L67 Getrag wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:29 am Not sure if I'm doing it correct as I have no idea what I'm doing & not sure if it connected correctly as it says no handshake?
Termite
Trying using “savvycan”. Pretty sure you can use a j2534 tool with it and log (I think?)

It’s way more accurate and allows selecting which IDS you wanna monitor exactly.
I didn't have any luck using savvycan with a j2534 tool. I didn't give it much effort though
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: E38 Negative Response to read-write ECU

Post by Gatecrasher »

SavvyCAN J2534 support has been broken on Windows for a while now.