Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I have a 2009 Pontiac Montana in my roster now. And course I’m going to mod it! Especially since I have a spare 09 parts van!

Already swapped seats to side airbags will need to add wires and also swap sdm, then setup new part number in the bcm. Added steering wheel controls easily reprogram the radio options using just a tech 2 it lets you check weather it has a dvd player or steering wheel controls very cool!

Now I’d like to add the up level IPC personal preferences option that is installed on the parts van. And here is the trouble both bcms look the same both are the same part number. No programming through sps?? I’m assuming it’s similar to the radio and we just check what options are installed and it programs it likely using dpids. When I try this it says it’s vin locked. What would be required to Virginize this bad boy? And what options are actually available when using a new bcm with tech 2? We could maybe fool the tech 2. Into thinking it’s new then sniff what it sends out for all selected options.

I’m assuming it’s checking the manufacturer enable counter to be non zero and for a blank vin! What’s a blank vin fffff or 0000? Might also be a valid calibration flag it’s checking?

Otherwise maybe I can dump the flash via vpw over the obd 2 port, then write a Trojan in assembly to make changes to the eeprom section. No visible eeprom like a 9sc56 etc. the vin and kms are typically there but seem to be on the actual silicone on this bcm.

mc9s12db128vpve is the mcu and I have j tag Pinots it’s manual is very good and found easily online. Just a simple 4 wire hookup. Trouble is it’s coated with some kind of goo, and the pads are gone must solder or use some steady probes directly to the processor pins!

If anyone has a dump please share!!

Other interesting things the 05-07 uplander has a recall for a bcm dtc and does provide a sps flash! I ripped that file from tis2000, and found the utility file! Using that utility file I found my seed and key and was able to get a successful unlock! I’m getting a code 34 unlock response back from the bcm, after sending in the key.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I could swap bcms, but then I go from 149,000 kms to 300,170 kms!! I’m sure the bcm stores the kms!! Could I try swapping anyway I don’t see any cluster programming available on sps either seems like it might display what ever the bcm does! Just don’t want to permanently up the kms on my cluster
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by antus »

If you can scratch enough coating off the pins of the chip you can use a BDM frame to balance connections where they need to be on the bench.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

�1GMDV33169D107192ÿ87ÿÿÿ0HJAÿÿVÿÿÿÿÿMÿVJGR�ò2É���ò2É��ŠX��?VBCMÿÿ
%5E!1A������������;�� µ<àààø����ª��ª�UUUUÿ��ÿ�UªªU€!id��ÿ0ÀÁÊ�Ȇ��Nd22þåû$€û$€<���ðÿÿÿÿbp~Œš¨

In business dumping code!
Globaldelay:60

6C FE F1 28 00:10:50

8c fe f0 3f

getseed:5:0
6c 40 f0 27 01
6c 40 f0 27 02 key

variable:varread:1:0

loop:255
6c 40 f0 3c varread:1:50
variable:varread:1:+1
6c fe f0 3f:0:15

anyway to make this script output just the code being dumped to the screen?
like make it strip the first 5 bytes?

[6C F0 40 7C E1] 14 5A FA 00 02 14
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by kur4o »

Can you log what t2 checks for controller locked, If it is only mec, you can increase it and than setup bcm as new unit, or reconfigure options.
It is possible there is built in mode35 to read the bcm also. The algo is the simplest one bitflipped.
kur4o
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by kur4o »

Some test for mode35 support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

:geek:
kur4o wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:09 am Some test for mode35 support
I’m pretty sure this will work but still output a really difficult text to put into bin file!

I could write a parser to ignore the first few bytes and any string containing 31 in the 5th ? Position but just wondering if there is a way to change the script fed into patchernaster to fix this?
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

kur4o wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:09 am Some test for mode35 support
No go... huh mode 35 works on other BCMs that's to bad.. so mode 3C did pull a bunch of interesting things though Or do we just not have the correct memory range? for mode 35?
[08:55:03.210] 6C F0 40 67 02 34
[08:55:03.215] 6C 40 F0 35 00
[08:55:03.289] 6C F0 40 7F 35 00 11
[08:55:03.299] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:03.369] 6C 40 F0 35 01
[08:55:03.447] 6C F0 40 7F 35 01 11
[08:55:03.458] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:03.527] 6C 40 F0 35 02
[08:55:03.606] 6C F0 40 7F 35 02 11
[08:55:03.608] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:03.685] 6C 40 F0 35 03
[08:55:03.765] 6C F0 40 7F 35 03 11
[08:55:03.768] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:03.844] 6C 40 F0 35 04
[08:55:03.923] 6C F0 40 7F 35 04 11
[08:55:03.925] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:04.002] 6C 40 F0 35 05
[08:55:04.081] 6C F0 40 7F 35 05 11
[08:55:04.089] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:04.161] 6C 40 F0 35 06
[08:55:04.241] 6C F0 40 7F 35 06 11
[08:55:04.248] 6C FE F0 3F
[08:55:04.321] 6C 40 F0 35 07
[08:55:04.400] 6C F0 40 7F 35 07 11
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Uplander/montana/relay locked bcm

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I think this might be kms since it is repeated twice, what would this be? could try mode 3B to change this? could you convert this to kms?
6C F0 40 7C 08 00 F2 32 C9 00 00