RB30ET Delco conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
Vrv8hz
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm

RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by Vrv8hz »

I've been running a ommodore 18x3x setup on the VL turbo for the last few years, performs flawlessly.

I got keen and knocked up a 75mm 6+1 wheel in the shed the other day.
It's fitted behind the crank pully in place of the timing belt guide washer. An AU cas reluctor is used.
Runs great. Tucked out of the way, only thing you can see is the sensor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by pman92 »

Looks good. Do you have any photos of how sensor is mounted?
User avatar
Vrv8hz
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by Vrv8hz »

The reluctor is on a temporary plate mount, bent to get the correct angle. The edge of the cas wheel is machined to an angle so the angled sensor clears the back of the balancer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by pman92 »

How thick did you make the thick part of the wheel? I'm guessing center is machined down to match thickness of original washer?

What are your plans for the permanent reluctor mount?

I know someone currently looking to setup a crank trigger on an RB and this is inspiring
User avatar
Vrv8hz
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by Vrv8hz »

5mm plate, 2mm in the centre.
Last edited by Vrv8hz on Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by Holden202T »

Nice!

I assume you replaced the DFI base to make this work ?
User avatar
Vrv8hz
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by Vrv8hz »

It has a jackaroo dfi module.
Last edited by Vrv8hz on Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tinker
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am

Re: RB30ET Delco conversion

Post by Tinker »

Well done mate, I just found your post after I PM you..
Juckyard Dog Garage.