Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
mattyjf01
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by mattyjf01 »

Probably the ones you are saying are dead or no comms are what im refering to (Maybe)
jxx
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
cars: To many
Location: Vic

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by jxx »

Simple test for no comms, no start.... basically any issue with the damn things, pour boiling water over the ecu and 99% of the time they come back long enough to communicate/do something/start/stop missfiring, sending the dash haywire.......
jxx
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
cars: To many
Location: Vic

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by jxx »

Seems everyone hates these ecu's, even scantool companies.

Latest snap-on release won't link them, worked on previous versions and hopefully issue fixed by next update.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by Tazzi »

Its only taken 4 years for me to come back to the VZ V6 engine computers, and you know what, I still hate them :lol:

But, at least there is now a better solution to keep them moving for replacement ECUs.

I have had several workshops complaining the VZs being unavailable for flashing with GMs online system, so I made it a priority to add it into the new program I have been working on instead of having them sent in for flashing.

No more techline, just need a security code (Which can be read from a PIM using an eeprom programmer, or the original ECU), and a few minutes to flash them. :thumbup:

Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by Holden202T »

thats a good win!
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

FERMEC tool for the win, I use it just copy security data off orig & reset replacement ecu & then paste security data & done!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by Tazzi »

Yeah thats one way of doing them!

I tend to see alot of no communication ECUs, so you can't extract the original security information to put into a replacement.

The PIM is pretty simple to remove and read the eeprom to get the factory immobilizer code. Then its a 1 click process to reset and security link in the new application. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by The1 »

Well done mate, that's a fancy program! Just need vats off now, im sure it'd be in the BDM read somewhere.