What am I doing wrong?
Have been trying to burn my $12P tune to a EPROM chip (AM27C256) but as soon as I start the car it goes straight into limp home mode. The code runs fine in the NVRAM with no errors. Have done a difference check and dosn't come up with any differences between the code on the Chip and the code I have in the NVRAM.
Have burnt a couple more chips with the same resault, have tried different memcals, computers ect. but still no luck. here is a copy of the bin I read straight off the chip (AM27C256)
Any sugestions at what I have missed?
Chip Programing probs
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Chip Programing probs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Chip Programing probs
I'm no expert but have a look at this thread!
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... set#p12388
It may help I'm not sure as to what chip it is!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... set#p12388
It may help I'm not sure as to what chip it is!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: Chip Programing probs
If you look at the bin youve posted in a hex editor you will see its 00 from 1b0c.Probably because youve saved the bin wuth tunerpro and it only saved the cal section. 
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: Chip Programing probs
thinking back, yes that final tune would have only been the cal section. Never even give that a thought
Will see how I go with the full bin
Will see how I go with the full bin
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: Chip Programing probs
its amazing what happens when you load the complete Bin onto the EPROM 