Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

A tune ive put together for my grandpa spec vy ecotec. cars completely stock, but very happy with how its driving now. I noticed at idle I was seeing only around 2-3 iac steps and the pcm was trying to retard idle. so I.m now running much lower idle timing. idles way smoother. played with timing, power enrichment, shift pressure and gear changes plus a whole bunch of other stuff. turned off egr, lean cruise ect. I only run it on 98oct
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

Done tuning my VY. here's the xdf I made while tuning it and the final tune.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by antus »

fantastic, thanks for shareing! In your opinion, should we update the official release package with that XDF? Is there anything new in the ADX, should we update that also?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

I’d like to make 2 xdf’s. One geared toward performance enthusiasts and one that’s completely defined. Like the1 said, there’s just so much stuff in there that 99% of people either don’t need or won’t use. But at least if there’s 2 xdf’s it gives options. If anyone wants more things added then let me know. I’ll keep on working on the other xdf. Just takes time
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

I’d also like to add pointers and descriptions into each table,scaler,flag ect which should help anyone that’s new to tuning to help with that. Make it more like a commercial package and user friendly. So any help or suggestions are welcome
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by immortality »

I've done that with a few things on XDF's I've modified, you hover over the parameter with the mouse and it shows a description for the item.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

Makes it easier sometimes having those descriptions there. I’ve got efi live for all the ls stuff I tune. And I find it really useful having the descriptions there. I think having 2 xdf’s will help as well, otherwise your spending a lot of time trying to find what your looking for
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Rhysk94 »

Wade wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:35 am Makes it easier sometimes having those descriptions there. I’ve got efi live for all the ls stuff I tune. And I find it really useful having the descriptions there. I think having 2 xdf’s will help as well, otherwise your spending a lot of time trying to find what your looking for
Hey mate, is it your xdf that has been added as the one to download from the1's enhanced, if so just letting you know the idle spark over mgc table isnt 100%, it has no data in the mgc tables to correlate to!
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

Yeah I sent the1 an updated version of the xdf. But hasn’t been uploaded yet. I haven’t really tested that table yet.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by Wade »

I also rushed through that xdf. So I’m sure there’s probably a lot that’s not correct in it.