Was the VS N/A Enhanced
VX L67 Enhanced
VY L67 Enhanced
Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
I just checked VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.3f and the bin has AA at 0x2008 and it remains AA when I edit it with the included XDF. Which byte are you changing to AA to make them work in the memcal?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
Literally the checksum scalar down the bottom of the xdf's in category viewantus wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:34 am I just checked VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.3f and the bin has AA at 0x2008 and it remains AA when I edit it with the included XDF. Which byte are you changing to AA to make them work in the memcal?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
Well that explains it. So the program ID is at 2008, and I thought setting that to AA disabled the checksum check. I am not sure when that changed, but at least for the VX SC and maybe all the PCM tunes, I guess that does not disable the checksum, and the code is indeed testing if its running from an NVRAM and skipping the sum if it is, so that you can realtime tune and still re-start the car. The text in a prior thread says that the XDF still calculates the checksum so you can still use it if you want. I guess that means that you need to set it to AA like you are by hand. I havnt tested when it updates from the XDF. So the checksum is actually 16bit, and just before the program ID which most of us are looking at and seeing the AA. That is really good to know what you found, thanks! 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
I'll have to check the Faq for these tunes. I use Enhanced tunes without NVram and never have to change the checksum.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
Something is still not quite adding up here, because the XDF should update the checksum correctly. So we know the Program ID and the 2 byte checksum are not the same thing, and its not the same as the MAP PCMs. I just changed a few things, hit save, then closed and re-opened the checksum window in TP and the checksum has changed from 0751 above to 0783, so it appears to be working properly. It sounds like it is not updating or not updating correctly for Rhysk94 for some reason. There is no plugin here, like there is for the VPW PCMs, so its not the same fault as people often have with those ones - not having the correct plugin installed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
Yeah its weord, but the fact it has happened to 3x cars now is what baffles me.
When I save it it saya chekaum updated too.
When I save it it saya chekaum updated too.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
Read the nvram with the programmer and then burn the file to eprom and it should just run. If using eeproms use erase as ff
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
I tried that as well
Still didn't work.
It works manually each time setting the checksum to AA. I'll just keep doing that to save myself some time with have to re erase the memcals
Still didn't work.
It works manually each time setting the checksum to AA. I'll just keep doing that to save myself some time with have to re erase the memcals
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car
The saga continues, burnt a no vats chip for a customer (l67 swapped a VS ute) disabled vats and set the checksum to AA.
Car has no injector pulse.
Starts on his factory memcal but obviously doesn't run right with the injector difference.
Im going wrong somewhere with all this
Tunerpro states checksum updated when I save the file.
I just used the1's enhanced VS L67 file and disabled vats.
Car has no injector pulse.
Starts on his factory memcal but obviously doesn't run right with the injector difference.
Im going wrong somewhere with all this
Tunerpro states checksum updated when I save the file.
I just used the1's enhanced VS L67 file and disabled vats.