Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It doesn’t make any sense it’s not that difficult when it writes it to eeprom does it verify against file & checks ok?
Is it a stock Merck’s that you uv erased & got verified as blank?
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car

Post by Rhysk94 »

Thats what has me baffled as well.
Yeah it verfies perfect.
Stock memcal that has bee uv erased for 15mins amd then blank checked
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car

Post by immortality »

Try not doing the blank check. Just erase and burn.

Although TBH, I never really re-use the factory memcals. I normally upgrade to EEPROMS that I bought from The1 (but I've now run out off).
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: Memcal Burning Not Starting The Car

Post by Rhysk94 »

Yeah i blank check them. I have tried with eeproms as well and the same thing happends