Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
You need to change the IP Occupant display cal to 84769953 for RVS
Let me know if you need help, file is attached here.
edited.. Looks like runtime is 15 minutes, should be enough for ya? Pretty sure timer is located in that same file at 0x84 and it's 3 bytes.. I can mod the file if you want longer.
Let me know if you need help, file is attached here.
edited.. Looks like runtime is 15 minutes, should be enough for ya? Pretty sure timer is located in that same file at 0x84 and it's 3 bytes.. I can mod the file if you want longer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
shortbus5
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:03 am
- cars: 2021 Chevy Colorado LT 2.5L
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Damn you must be a very patient man, I got distracted by a bird halfway through reading your comment.Tazzi wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:09 am I would have probably had a solution for you to run on a windows PC in about 6ish months once moving into the U.S market.
I'll take a shot at it before I ask for help, see if what I have learned so far will get me there. I can also probably figure out that hex entry since you gave me the exact location, although 15 minutes should be fine.ironduke wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:43 pm You need to change the IP Occupant display cal to 84769953 for RVS
Let me know if you need help, file is attached here.
edited.. Looks like runtime is 15 minutes, should be enough for ya? Pretty sure timer is located in that same file at 0x84 and it's 3 bytes.. I can mod the file if you want longer.
Can you give me a high level explanation of how you figured all that out? Not the specifics, just the outline of the steps you took?
I can find a vin with remote start and find the bcm software and calibration bin #s via tis2web, but that's kinda where it ends for me. Identifying what is in the bin files or what they are for specifically is where I hit a road block. I've tried to decompile my bcm files with ghidra, but it might as well be Klingon for all I understand of assembly. Powershell is as far as my programming goes. Opening the files in hex editor doesn't really provide much info for me either. And googling the file numbers returns nilch.
Just any recommendations on where I could focus my attention to get better would be appreciated.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Quick outline is I do my best to save the vins of vehicles I've added remote starts to, also foglamps, cruise control, bulb out detections, etc. If I have time I get a snapshot of the files it has before and after, then I can easily see what was changed. The remote start timer was a LOT and LOT of trial and error and some help from someone here originally with a silverado, then I just stepped it up with the kids trax and equinox and a few others..
There is a checksum or cvn at the header of the file.. Don't try flashing modded files until they're checked.. you can post up here or pm and I'll take a look.. I can tell you how it's done but it sounds like you want to work at them a little yourself..
Oh yeah you will need to check for a hood switch and add it and the wiring if missing..
There is a checksum or cvn at the header of the file.. Don't try flashing modded files until they're checked.. you can post up here or pm and I'll take a look.. I can tell you how it's done but it sounds like you want to work at them a little yourself..
Oh yeah you will need to check for a hood switch and add it and the wiring if missing..
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Patience is an understatementshortbus5 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:16 pmDamn you must be a very patient man, I got distracted by a bird halfway through reading your comment.Tazzi wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:09 am I would have probably had a solution for you to run on a windows PC in about 6ish months once moving into the U.S market.
When every single option for every variant of a model is broken down, it makes it alot easier to spot obvious changes. Or make guesses for where other settings may be based on those discoveries.
Doing the same on various other model vehicles can then help identify other settings that can be applied to other vehicles.
Sometimes.. a good ol guess and check works to. Make a bunch of changes and see what happens
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
shortbus5
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:03 am
- cars: 2021 Chevy Colorado LT 2.5L
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Remote start looks good!!!!
Now on the seat belt buckle to drive issue.. Looks like there's 2 different buckle to drive rpo's.
T4Z is what you currently have
T7Z is a different one I have found for 2wd colorado's.. 4wd might be the same but didn't look.
Looks like there's a bunch of dll's and a few xml's in the archive. Not sure if you could just build the archive with the utility file and the OS,System, and cal files. I do it with the BCM's all the time but haven't tried with an SDM yet..
your 3 files are
13529752 for OS
84869583 for System
42689207 for Calibration
The donor I found has these files. vin 1GCHSBEA4M1154740 extended cab. same cals for 4 and 6 cyl, extended and 4 door.
13529752 for OS
84869583 for System
22975098 for Calibration
I actually have that 22975098 file.. Do with it what you might, I'll post up the file but I cannot make any recommendations past that.
They both have AYO RPO for airbags. I would kind of be surprised if that's all it took, but?? I didn't go digging thru the radio or bcm cals to see if or how different they were. >>> These are your rpo codes
>> These are donor rpo's >> Donor rpo's
Both had the same SDM calibrations..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
shortbus5
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:03 am
- cars: 2021 Chevy Colorado LT 2.5L
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Damn man, you are going above and beyond. I don't deserve this!
My SDM files backed up from SPS include like 5-6 extra files, so I assume they will contain the extra bits. I know one is the utility file, but not sure what the others are off the top of my head, I need to plugin my laptop to check the log/vit files to see how the archive is setup, but I'll definitely give it a go this evening.
I can also reprogram K36 from SPS and see if anything pops up in the sps folders during the process. All the xml files I've ever seen are just the pop-up text from SPS prompts though.
I have checked out tis2web for both your donors for the IOR radio and its just too much. It forces you to pick your radio software version before it will show you the calibrations, and there's freaking 20-25 base radio OS's to pick from. Even picking the same software version across mine and your two donor vins showed different calibrations, but it appeared it was just because mine has been updated and I have an option hardware config (some safety feature I'm sure since its fleet). The over the air updates for this radio were pretty bad, not sure they ever worked for any model. Definitely didn't for mine. Silverado has the same radios. The higher trim level radios had even more problems. Not a good couple years for GM radios. I'm guessing there are a lot out there that never got the update since it required a dealership.
My SDM files backed up from SPS include like 5-6 extra files, so I assume they will contain the extra bits. I know one is the utility file, but not sure what the others are off the top of my head, I need to plugin my laptop to check the log/vit files to see how the archive is setup, but I'll definitely give it a go this evening.
I can also reprogram K36 from SPS and see if anything pops up in the sps folders during the process. All the xml files I've ever seen are just the pop-up text from SPS prompts though.
I have checked out tis2web for both your donors for the IOR radio and its just too much. It forces you to pick your radio software version before it will show you the calibrations, and there's freaking 20-25 base radio OS's to pick from. Even picking the same software version across mine and your two donor vins showed different calibrations, but it appeared it was just because mine has been updated and I have an option hardware config (some safety feature I'm sure since its fleet). The over the air updates for this radio were pretty bad, not sure they ever worked for any model. Definitely didn't for mine. Silverado has the same radios. The higher trim level radios had even more problems. Not a good couple years for GM radios. I'm guessing there are a lot out there that never got the update since it required a dealership.
-
shortbus5
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:03 am
- cars: 2021 Chevy Colorado LT 2.5L
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)

Good old gm upfitter document strikes again. Not sure about the gen 1 vs gen 2, but I'm hopeful. I do have teen driver, it's just disabled.
Edit: Hmm, not sure if the forum markup is broke or if it's my content source.
https://imgur.com/a/Rglg5sk
Edit 2: Welp I gave er a go, but no luck. Looking more at that upfitter pdf I believe gen 1 and gen 2 might refer to versions of the module. I did try to push the radio update again, just for giggles. The first time I chose the USB option, this time I chose program straight from SPS2. It complained about it being the same version but I clicked OK anyway. It finished in like 2 minutes and downloaded a bunch of files containing bins, which then in turn contained a bunch of XML cal override commands, but calID's are obfuscated, so no telling what the settings are for. The remote start didn't add any extra menu items to the radio either, but that may be normal, I don't have anything to compare it to.
I'll call TDS on Monday and see if they can provide any help.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Fleet Vehicles and Buckle to drive on newer GM vehicles (2021 Colorado LT 2.5L)
Nothing wrong with the sites img code, you had the first one, which is not an image, its a html document. I put another set of tags straight under it linking to to the image and it works. Having said that, its better to put images on the forums directly so they dont get link rot over time and keep working.
Code: Select all
[img]https://imgur.com/a/Rglg5sk[/img] This does not work
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8On3Eb3.jpeg[/img] This does
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396