4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Yeah guys use to sell adaptor plugs/looms as the pin outs are different I think.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
5 sec google search
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Another big factor with automatics which most don’t stress enough is temperature. Look at life expectancy vs temperature 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vscapricetim
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 am
- cars: vs caprice
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
So all the electronics internally on the 4l80e are the same as the 4l60e? So tunerpro can tune a 4l80e through a 424 delco?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Yup and apparently, the early 4L60e's in the VS models run hot. As I understand it, from VT onward they increased the size of the cooler lines to help with this issue.Wade wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:09 am Another big factor with automatics which most don’t stress enough is temperature. Look at life expectancy vs temperature![]()
-
vscapricetim
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 am
- cars: vs caprice
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
When does the ecu use normal, manual and performance mode settings? Where does the shifter and pwr button have to be to use those tables?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Manual is when you move the shifter out of Drive and into 3, 2 or 1. performance is when you hit the Power button next to the shifter.
-
vscapricetim
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 5:51 am
- cars: vs caprice
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Sooo if I put the shifter in 3 and went wot from a standstill, letting the ecu shift it, it'll use the manual tables?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Yes I believe so.
-
Deuce
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 am
- cars: TUF355
Re: 4l60e 2-3 slipping shift
Yes, I've been trying to read that book at the end of each day (not very successful).Wade wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:45 am This is a good read. I was sure I had a 4l60e workshop manual but must be in storage. There’ll come a time when you’ll need to ask yourself, how longs a piece of string. Same reason why I brought a 4l80e when doing the iron turbo ls build. Back in the day I got so tired of messing with 4l60e’s I gave up on them. Now if I want anything even remotely serious, ill put the 4l60e were it belongs. For a weekend cruiser th400 are awesome and cheap. And I’ve personally ran them and know plenty of others that have too. They drive well. If your looking for more a tough daily the 80e’s tick the box. Best part about the 80e is its well documented that a standard 80e with only a shift kit have been known to still be reliable behind 1000hp ls’s.
I really need to read earlier for better info absorption.
Although, as I understand more, it becomes easier to take on.