VZ PIM
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VZ PIM
only reason i asked is because all the ones listed in that spreadsheet are all v8's
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: VZ PIM
Was doing some can logging today for a project im working on. I've had a vz pim in my vy since i did the conversion but never got around to doing much with it.
Anyway i wired in the reverse light output of the pim to a relay but it was not grounding when shifter was in reverse. Thanks to my delving into the t43 code, i figured it just wasn't receiving the correct can id transmission. So turned on ID 320 in the tcm tune, flashed in and bingo. reverse lights turn on.
Anyway i wired in the reverse light output of the pim to a relay but it was not grounding when shifter was in reverse. Thanks to my delving into the t43 code, i figured it just wasn't receiving the correct can id transmission. So turned on ID 320 in the tcm tune, flashed in and bingo. reverse lights turn on.
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
Re: VZ PIM
What are you using to read/write the tcm?Tre-Cool wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 2:09 pm Was doing some can logging today for a project im working on. I've had a vz pim in my vy since i did the conversion but never got around to doing much with it.
Anyway i wired in the reverse light output of the pim to a relay but it was not grounding when shifter was in reverse. Thanks to my delving into the t43 code, i figured it just wasn't receiving the correct can id transmission. So turned on ID 320 in the tcm tune, flashed in and bingo. reverse lights turn on.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: VZ PIM
i use efilive.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: VZ PIM
also worked out by turning on some extra id's in the ecu I've got aircon working again from ecu.
BCM passes request to the pim via UART, pim requests ecu turn on A/C by CAN. ecu gnds output.
BCM passes request to the pim via UART, pim requests ecu turn on A/C by CAN. ecu gnds output.
-
Snitz
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:54 am
- cars: VN L67 Dirt circuit race car
- Location: Eyre Peninsula, SA
Re: VZ PIM
Jumping in on an old thread but with a really fairly simple question..
I'm using the EEPROM clip to read the V6 VZ PIM, having "successful reads" in less than 1 second, however the binary data doesn't look anything like what you lads have posted up here.
I'm all for just writing in one of the other available bins from dead cars, however I'm just not sure if that will fix the problem of strange looking data or just cause more problems.
I read it with the device M93C76W6 as it came up by default but am definitely not convinced it is correct.
The chip shows 93C46W6 if I'm not mistaken.
Cheers
I'm using the EEPROM clip to read the V6 VZ PIM, having "successful reads" in less than 1 second, however the binary data doesn't look anything like what you lads have posted up here.
I'm all for just writing in one of the other available bins from dead cars, however I'm just not sure if that will fix the problem of strange looking data or just cause more problems.
I read it with the device M93C76W6 as it came up by default but am definitely not convinced it is correct.
The chip shows 93C46W6 if I'm not mistaken.
Cheers
Snitz
-
Snitz
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:54 am
- cars: VN L67 Dirt circuit race car
- Location: Eyre Peninsula, SA
Re: VZ PIM
To add to that just incase someone can provide this basic insight, do I need this PIM to be in the vehicle plugged in with ign on etc etc or are we talking a full bench read with the clip? So far has been all out of vehicle, just the PIM board by itself.
I also have Tactrix and PCMFlash so I'm also open to any possible options with that.
Cheers.
I also have Tactrix and PCMFlash so I'm also open to any possible options with that.
Cheers.
Snitz
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: VZ PIM
well when i was playing with mine in the car, i was able to read it still connected albiet with the key off.
i just removed it from the case and had my clip attached. you prob want to get the right chip type as it might be garbling it up.
i just removed it from the case and had my clip attached. you prob want to get the right chip type as it might be garbling it up.
-
Snitz
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:54 am
- cars: VN L67 Dirt circuit race car
- Location: Eyre Peninsula, SA
Re: VZ PIM
Thanks Tre. I noticed the correct chip type is not listed in GQ 4X4 Programmer software so I'm currently just a little unsure of which way to proceed.
The chip has 93c46w6 but there's many other variants around that!!
The chip has 93c46w6 but there's many other variants around that!!
Snitz
-
uglyoldbastard
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:40 am
- cars: VE Commodores
Re: VZ PIM
S93C46DSnitz wrote: Wed Oct 29, 2025 11:35 pm Thanks Tre. I noticed the correct chip type is not listed in GQ 4X4 Programmer software so I'm currently just a little unsure of which way to proceed.
The chip has 93c46w6 but there's many other variants around that!!
Just for anyone else using a GQ 4x4 programmer the 93C46W6 chip is not listed so use S93C46D with software v7.40 and will read and write fine