Need some help, I'm trying to make a VZ IPC xdf, and I have the basics sorted.
But now, I'm trying to figure out the extras that no aftermarket or factory calibration software can change manually.
Here is the xdf currently.
I have a VZ V6 One tonner RWD bin on the left of the pic, and a VZ cross 6 crewman AWD on the right, The highlighted areas are what I have already mapped, and is in the xdf.
The purple and red text is differences between the two.
Does anyone have any knowledge on what these other addresses may be? Both LE0, both 4L60e, both single window clusters.
VZ Dash cluster addresses
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
VZ Dash cluster addresses
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VZ Dash cluster addresses
Some of the differences will be related to the actual analog needle mapping for the gauge (Compression ratios), since difference face plates have different compression ratios required.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: VZ Dash cluster addresses
I would agree with that.Tazzi wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:03 am Some of the differences will be related to the actual analog needle mapping for the gauge (Compression ratios), since difference face plates have different compression ratios required.
The VY AAPL software has the option to calibrate the zero offset for each needle, as well as a calibration map for each gauge (eg. Empty, 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 etc.. position for the temperature gauge, and similar for all the other gauges).
I would assume the same applies for VZ (even if it's slightly different, or at a different eeprom position).
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
Re: VZ Dash cluster addresses
Okay, I can work with that. Yeah must be analog, as I already have positions for fuel and temp gauges mapped
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: VZ Dash cluster addresses
i may have missed this somewhere but which chip is the eprom holding this info?
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: VZ Dash cluster addresses
I've got a VZ Level 4 SS 3x LCD cluster (eeprom dump attached)
Part # 92161350
Struggling to make it use anything other than the Holden startup / "system test" logo.
Also doesn't work with custom text or build number.
Has anyone ran into this problem before?
Or am I just having a dumb moment due to lack of sleep
Part # 92161350
Struggling to make it use anything other than the Holden startup / "system test" logo.
Also doesn't work with custom text or build number.
Has anyone ran into this problem before?
Or am I just having a dumb moment due to lack of sleep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.