Hi all,
Total newbie here.
I have used the enhanced tune to create a tune for my turbo VY Commodore and I want to get some feed back before I flash it into my ECU.
The XDF and BIN are both attached.
Please let me know any feedback you have for me i am open to any suggestions.
If you have any questions about the set up please ask.
Thank you for reading.
VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
-
LincTheDog
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 11:44 am
- cars: soon to be turbo VY V6 Commodore
VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
Add a description of the setup mate. I know the n/a injectors are out to lunch in stock trim so forget them if your thinking boost. Valve float is an issue to, so valve springs and fuel system should be on the list. From memory when I chucked a map sensor in to log boost boost pressure, I was seeing boost around 400-450mgc so make sure your mixtures are correct and removing timing around there onwards. Won’t take much for spark to start breaking up either so gapping plugs ect. Hopefully that helps
-
LincTheDog
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 11:44 am
- cars: soon to be turbo VY V6 Commodore
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
Hi Wade,
the setup:
453cc injectors
340Lpm fuel pump
10psi wastegate w/ 7.5 psi blow off valve.
I have not changed the valve springs, should I look into getting stiffer springs?
that's all I have done for now.
the setup:
453cc injectors
340Lpm fuel pump
10psi wastegate w/ 7.5 psi blow off valve.
I have not changed the valve springs, should I look into getting stiffer springs?
that's all I have done for now.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
Change the wastegate spring to the lowest one you can. 5-7psi max as a starter. Make sure your injector data is correct as I didn’t see any changes in that bin for injectors. I didn’t really see any changes that’ll stop you from blowing your engine in that bin. At 5-7psi with an l67 pcm from memory I was seeing like 5-6 deg of knock under boost. So I’d at least start with removing 7-8 deg under booost and that’s with the l67 timing not n/a timing. Make sure your actually getting 11.8 or richer into boost as well. The turbos are a bit different to a s/c as the s/c are rpm dependant. A turbo hits full boost much sooner. I think if I had another crack at a turbo v6 I’d probably go aftermarket ecu or l67 as a minimum. Might wanna look at the torque management max mass air vs rpm or what ever it’s called too. From my understanding it’s a limiter of the maximum g/s the maf is allowed to read. So won’t take long to hit that with a turbo. But I also think changing that table changes the calculations. Really wish I’d played with all that stuff back when I done mine. At 19psi under wot I was hitting like a limiter which at the time felt like spark blowing out. But didn’t matter how much I gapped them down. Hopefully others will chime in
-
LincTheDog
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 11:44 am
- cars: soon to be turbo VY V6 Commodore
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
Thank you again Wade,Wade wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2024 1:38 pm
Make sure your injector data is correct as I didn’t see any changes in that bin for injectors.
When i look at my bin the injector base rate says I am at 452.99, is that all I need to change in regards to the injectors?
I didn’t really see any changes that’ll stop you from blowing your engine in that bin.
Do you mean if i put this tune in my car it wont blow up? Sorry English isn't my first language.
At 5-7psi with an l67 pcm from memory I was seeing like 5-6 deg of knock under boost. So I’d at least start with removing 7-8 deg under boost and that’s with the l67 timing not n/a timing. Make sure your actually getting 11.8 or richer into boost as well.
How I adjust the timing on TunerPro?
Might wanna look at the torque management max mass air vs rpm or what ever it’s called too. From my understanding it’s a limiter of the maximum g/s the maf is allowed to read.
How would i get the correct numbers for that? mine is still set to stock. i have an image below. Really wish I’d played with all that stuff back when I done mine. At 19psi under wot I was hitting like a limiter which at the time felt like spark blowing out. But didn’t matter how much I gapped them down. Hopefully others will chime in
19psi??? that thing must fly, wouldnt mind to see a photo if you have one on hand...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
There’s multiple injector settings that need to be changed when changing injectors. All those settings need to be correct before you move forward with any other tuning. I’m not sure if the1 is still doing that kinda stuff but when I fitted 80lb injectors, I sent them off to him and he worked his magic and sent them back with all the correct data to add into my tune. My engine actually ran better with 80lb injectors than it did with stock injectors without any further tuning. So first up is injector data needs to be correct
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
I’m pretty certain that if you chuck that tune in you’ll blow the engine. It’s a stock n/a tune and you’re throwing a turbo at 10psi at it
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
Spark timing, open loop afr’s and power enrichment should be under spark fuel open loop and power enrichment. Plus there is multiple settings and offsets for each.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
How to get the correct settings you’d generally log what you’re trying to look at.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues
You’re about to jump into the deep end mate. Ive been tuning maybe 10yrs? And still learning. There’s so much to learn and it isn’t easy. But there’s a lot of really switched on guys on here and this is the place to learn. There’s a lot of YouTube videos and google and hp academy ect. Goat rope garage just to name a few. Pretty sure someone on here said it years ago, and it stuck in my head. Paris Hilton tune, rich and retarded. Richen the fuel up and retard the timing, then sort your fuel out and then slowly creep up on the timing. But yeah there’s guys on here with way more experience than me, so hopefully they chime in.