PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
-
clyde
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm
- cars: 1948 Willys Truck
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
I got the exe from this post (PowerPCM_Flasher_0006) and the J2534 drivers from the OBDXPro website.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
sorry.. I meant the brute force tool..
Power PCM works for me with the gm mdi but I do know a lot of other devices do not work with it. Developer was great for putting it here, guessing he did what he needed with it and has not been here in quite awhile and I don't think there will be any compatibility updates for other tools unless he releases the source code public or even to a programmer here to attempt to keep it in house.
Power PCM works for me with the gm mdi but I do know a lot of other devices do not work with it. Developer was great for putting it here, guessing he did what he needed with it and has not been here in quite awhile and I don't think there will be any compatibility updates for other tools unless he releases the source code public or even to a programmer here to attempt to keep it in house.
-
clyde
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm
- cars: 1948 Willys Truck
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
NP, It's ECU.BruteForcer.0.0.8.7z that you posed a while back.
I'll reach out to some friends and see if anyone has a gm mdi I can test with.
I'll reach out to some friends and see if anyone has a gm mdi I can test with.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
ok, I had forgotten I posted an .exe here.. you'll need to install a .net for the brute force to work.. I do not think you need it for the powerpcm program to work..clyde wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm NP, It's ECU.BruteForcer.0.0.8.7z that you posed a while back.
I'll reach out to some friends and see if anyone has a gm mdi I can test with.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
You would need to activate the J2534 logging for the VX so i can see the commands being sent and make sure its meeting the J2534 compliancy.clyde wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm I'm new to this and I'm trying to connect to an e38 (actually two) with no success.
OBDXPro VX (updated to latest firmware and J2534 driver installed)
Bench harness with 12.6v PS
I can connect and read the VIN with OBDXplorer but I'm getting same types of errors with both e38s and two different Win10 computers.
--
initialising Tool J2534 PassThru
OBDX Pro - VX...
ok.
connecting...
start diagnostic session (0x10 0x03)...ok.
disable normal communication (0x28)...ok.
security access (0x27)...
request seed...NOT ok, no valid seed received.
Wait 30s after power on or failed attempt.
connecting...
start diagnostic session (0x10 0x03)...ok.
disable normal communication (0x28)...ok.
security access (0x27)...
request seed...ok.
seed: 0x00000D30
key: 0x00009BD2
sending key...not ok, key wrong?
Any thoughts?
Iv had quite a few small developers incorrectly use some J2534 commands which a different J2534 tool may work with.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
clyde
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm
- cars: 1948 Willys Truck
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
I was finally able to get a gm mdi to test and it worked without issue.ironduke wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 am sorry.. I meant the brute force tool..
Power PCM works for me with the gm mdi but I do know a lot of other devices do not work with it. Developer was great for putting it here, guessing he did what he needed with it and has not been here in quite awhile and I don't think there will be any compatibility updates for other tools unless he releases the source code public or even to a programmer here to attempt to keep it in house.
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Found your app today searching google, so I thought I would give it a try. Hooked up a clone mdi and this is the message I get.
initialising Tool J2534 PassThru
Bosch - MDI...
ok.
connecting...
start diagnostic session (0x10 0x03)...no reply first frame, Read_FF.
no reply.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Bench harness? or In vehicle?
Have you used the clone MDI with anything else with this same setup and verified everything else works?
As far as clone MDI, not all are the same but with exception to the really old ones that were a hacked form of a vcx nano the clone should work ok.
Have you used the clone MDI with anything else with this same setup and verified everything else works?
As far as clone MDI, not all are the same but with exception to the really old ones that were a hacked form of a vcx nano the clone should work ok.
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Bench, I use it all the time to flash modules though tech line. I've tried both my mdi and nano. With my nano powerpcm doesn't see it
-
Denny
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2024 8:04 pm
- cars: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Hi guys. I have read this post many times, especially the last few pages. I have spent many hours searching and reading. My question is will PowerPCM_Flasher work to write the correct address for the E38 Vats delete in Universal Patcher to work? I ordered a Dice tool, but I think it's lost because of the postal strike here in Canada. It may be a while before I can reorder. I'm wondering if I will need to have someone do the Vats delete for me? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Thanks for looking and have a great day.