GM Can info & knowledge share

E38 E92 and many others. Approximately 2007 and newer
hjtrbo
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by hjtrbo »

Happy to help you out getting set up in ghidra. Flick me a pm or ask back here.
User avatar
andbel
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 1:39 am
cars: 2010 Tahoe
2011 HHR
2018 ATS
Location: JC, NJ, USA

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by andbel »

series8217 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2024 6:06 pm I'm working on decoding the T43 TCM <-> E39 ECM torque messages.
I am also looking to learn more about TCM<>ECM integration on the same E39 test mule actually. I am trying to actually replace E39 with my own ECU, what's your project?
series8217
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2024 9:21 pm
cars: 05 M3, 15 X5, 88 Fiero, 14 Impala

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by series8217 »

andbel wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2024 11:46 pm
series8217 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2024 6:06 pm I'm working on decoding the T43 TCM <-> E39 ECM torque messages.
I am also looking to learn more about TCM<>ECM integration on the same E39 test mule actually. I am trying to actually replace E39 with my own ECU, what's your project?
Nice to see you on here. I am doing the opposite thing: I am trying to replace the 6T70+T43 with a gateway/translator for a different automatic transmission.
ocerrr
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2024 10:25 pm
cars: bmw e60 m5, e87 1er
benz cls63 w219, slk r170
audi q7 v12 tdi
caddy cts-v cts escalade
ford explorer 1gen
nissan c34 laurel
toyota jz80 ls3 swap

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by ocerrr »

Does anyone have GMW8777 Transmission?
GregJo
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:03 am

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by GregJo »

I am also looking for these GMW documents as I have an LS2 and auto in a MB sprinter and translating MB to GM and back again…
Stumbling on cruise and TUTD at the moment
E38 ECU
User avatar
Tre-Cool
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
Location: Perth

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by Tre-Cool »

I have most of them, problem is they are watermarked pdf files with my details.
turbostew71
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2024 7:37 pm
cars: LS3 Long-Travel Buggy
2011 5.3 Chevy Colorado supercharged
2007 Cadi Escalade Test Bed
Location: Colorado

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by turbostew71 »

ocerrr wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2024 9:00 pm Does anyone have GMW8777 Transmission?
yes please!
Last edited by turbostew71 on Wed Feb 19, 2025 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
turbostew71
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2024 7:37 pm
cars: LS3 Long-Travel Buggy
2011 5.3 Chevy Colorado supercharged
2007 Cadi Escalade Test Bed
Location: Colorado

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by turbostew71 »

Hey all, first time poster, long time lurker. I am working on a project shown here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-tr ... oller.html

I am working on a 07 Escalade with L92 and e38 ecm. I am trying to decode $199 (TCM -> Engine Torque Request) and $19d (TCM -> Engine Speed Request). I want these for torque cut and engine blips for shifting. I don't see a $189 message ever (limited driving conditions though). Seems series8217 has good info on the $199. It is interesting that the gmw8762 has about every other can message I see on the bus but these. GM worried about liability exposing these? What gives? Anyway, I no longer have a vehicle with a 6L80 (now have 10L80) to hack. I was hoping someone might shed some light on the $19D. Thanks.
MPC001
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by MPC001 »

turbostew71 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2025 6:06 pm Hey all, first time poster, long time lurker. I am working on a project shown here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-tr ... oller.html

I am working on a 07 Escalade with L92 and e38 ecm. I am trying to decode $199 (TCM -> Engine Torque Request) and $19d (TCM -> Engine Speed Request). I want these for torque cut and engine blips for shifting. I don't see a $189 message ever (limited driving conditions though). Seems series8217 has good info on the $199. It is interesting that the gmw8762 has about every other can message I see on the bus but these. GM worried about liability exposing these? What gives? Anyway, I no longer have a vehicle with a 6L80 (now have 10L80) to hack. I was hoping someone might shed some light on the $19D. Thanks.

Ditto long time observer/learner (lurker :))........

Maybe you are aware but FYI 08 C6+ has throttle blip for TUTD. Change to 08 trans OS?
User avatar
Gatecrasher
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: GM Can info & knowledge share

Post by Gatecrasher »

turbostew71 wrote:GM worried about liability exposing these? What gives?
They believe it'll give away a 'competitive advantage'. :roll:

As if someone with the resources of say Ford or Honda couldn't easily reverse engineer it if they cared to.