Vy commodore

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Noticed in my last log that intake air temps were around 10deg/c higher then usual. I was driving around for awhile in start stop traffic and it was a hot day, before I logged that. So I’ll have to keep an eye on that. Refitted just the plenum spacer and done another data. Was a pretty cool night, so no high iat’s. Just something I’ll have to keep an eye on. A little bit of spark knock mainly into and out of throttle. Also measured the factory air box opening. Was 3.5” and the mace one is 3”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

:thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Also found the code for the arduino on my other laptop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Been keeping the changes in the tune fairly small. a little bit of fuel and some trans pressure here and there, while logging changes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vy commodore

Post by immortality »

The MACE CAI is a improvement over the OEM unit, however it needs some help. I add a snorkel from the side of the CAI going down to just under the radiator support using a old VN-VR V6 intake pipe and that really helps. Could make it out of PVC pipe too I guess.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Might have to do some more testing on the cai. I’d like to see what kind of iat’s I’m getting on a warm day without it all being as heat soaked as it was last time. I ended up re doing the fueling today. It didn’t look right. I’m glade I did. I fucked up and wasn’t getting everything up to operating temps and I’m sure I was getting some transient fuel in there too. Kept everything as steady state as I physically could, with much better results. I think next up I need to get a wideband in there.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Much better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vy commodore

Post by immortality »

Where do you steady state tune? There is nowhere anywhere I can drive long enough to achieve steady state that is quite.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Industrial and hwy with cruise control 😂 and a few pissed off drivers behind me wondering why I’m driving like a granny lol.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Pretty much just broke it up into zones as described in the book, and logged each zone accordingly. Depending on what zone I was logging, dictated where I logged. Wot I use to do over where my dad lives, as he lives up in mountains, so I can hold high load easy. Over where I live it’s pretty flat 👌
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.