Lambda readings

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Lambda readings

Post by Kevspec »

Does anyone know how to setup the ecu to correctly read in lambda? I can do it all for afr and in settings I can select lambda but do I need to changed calibration if so what do I set that to? I am wanting to do this for easier tuneablity and also for different fuels
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Lambda readings

Post by antus »

Assuming you mean logging in tunerpro you'll need to edit the XDF or ADX and modify the equations to calculate for lambda instead of petrol afr. The data inside the ECU is not in AFR in the first place, its the equasions that convert the data in the computer to human readable formats, and so you do the maths and update the definition to convert to convert to a different measurement. Figure out the maths first, how you'd convert a value from AFR to Lambda, get it working in say excel or even just with a calculator, then look at the equations in tunerpro and change them until you can see its giving you the lamba value you expect for the data point you are editing.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Lambda readings

Post by Kevspec »

Ok sweet i think I have figured all that out to read in lambda now. As for open loop afr would it work if I put in lambda numbers?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Lambda readings

Post by antus »

yep. units in the xdf and the adx are calculated by the equation and can be changed when you are across the maths. this can also be done to convert miles to to kms and the other way or other types of units as well.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Lambda readings

Post by Kevspec »

Ok sweet so I got lambda working fine as an input but it won't let me change the open loop afr table to lambda that needs to stay in afr unless someone can help
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Lambda readings

Post by Kevspec »

So thanks to the1 got it all sorted just had to add "/14.7" in the conversions