Vy commodore
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Don’t laugh 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Vy commodore
That's great, I have a few lets say custom one off tools kicking around.
Said tools at times have only been used once
Said tools at times have only been used once
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vy commodore
Thats a win! Assuming it worked, as I am!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
It definitely worked. Was the only way I could get the spark plugs in/out. I’m hoping to fix all those issues this time around with the low mount setup.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
3D print finally finished. Took a couple days each side. I’ve just stuck a pin through the guts of it, so I can rotate the housing ect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
The old steering cooler bracket was looking a bit rusty, and I remembered some of the vz models actually have the built in fins for further cooler. So that kills 2 birds with 1 stone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Made the top intercooler bracket out of some 5mm x 40mm angle but 50mm would have been better. But 40mm was what I had in the metal pile. Also re bent the bottom intercooler bracket and it started to snap lol. Will have to bust the welder out for that one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Got another crash bar that I’ll cut to clear the intercooler, then I’ll reinforce it to keep some strength in it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Also managed to get an oem map sensor bracket off a vn-vr commodore. Will come in handy when I fit a 3 bar gm style map sensor to tie into the spare input of the pcm, to use as my boost gauge with logging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
This is how I worked out the cals for for the ADX last time. I think VL400 shared this long time ago? I obviously was logging boost pressure, Then MGC Vs RPM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.