best eprom reader/burner
-
355vncommy
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am
- cars: vn commy
vs commy speedway car
jacked GU patrol
best eprom reader/burner
hey guys new to the site im looking at getting all the gear to tune vn-vs commodores and i want to be able to burn new tunes onto the existing memcals wat do i need to do this? and where do i get it from?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: best eprom reader/burner
I think the most useful and reasonably priced is the True USB Willem GQ4x, can be bought from a few different places. Apparently here is not bad .. http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/c ... oduct=4282
I bought mine from www.darkwire.com.au but he is having a break at the moment.
I bought mine from www.darkwire.com.au but he is having a break at the moment.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: best eprom reader/burner
yeh same burner as above i think it's the best on the market, easy no fuss no jumpers and usb, works on win7 no problems to.
-
TTVN
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm
- cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon
Re: best eprom reader/burner
agreed some wont work with vista or 7 only xp but these are good
-
GTS69
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 pm
- cars: VS Gts VT Calais WH Stato
Re: best eprom reader/burner
new to all this and just wanna check the burner above am i right in saying that will burn both the vs v6 and v8 memcals ? and do they do they just plug into the unit ?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: best eprom reader/burner
Yeah I agree with all above, & yeah it will do vs v6 & v8 but you need to get a eeprom adapter The1's stuff is good!
-
mjwillia
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 am
- cars: 1989 Toyota Supra 3l Turbo
1997 Nissan Maxima 3l
1984 Mitsubishi Sigma 2l
Re: best eprom reader/burner
Sorry... I'm also new to this...
So I'm just about to purchase this unit.
What adaptor /s do I need to fit all the various eproms?
Am I right in saying that to get to the eprom I have to disassemble the memcal?
Cheers,
Matt
So I'm just about to purchase this unit.
What adaptor /s do I need to fit all the various eproms?
Am I right in saying that to get to the eprom I have to disassemble the memcal?
Cheers,
Matt
-
drift-it
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 am
- cars: 03 vy calais L67
Re: best eprom reader/burner
the adaptors you require are on the1's page http://the1.eyeit.org/index.php/forsale/