VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
LincTheDog
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 11:44 am
cars: soon to be turbo VY V6 Commodore

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by LincTheDog »

Thanks for the reply

The injectors are Bosch (0 280 155 968) 453cc injectors. The information specs that I can find are
0 280 155 968 specs.png
0 280 155 968 specs 2.jpg
To increase the size of the injectors, do I need to edit anything else besides the injector settings?

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by antus »

Not sure if VY has cranking tables, but if it has cranking fuel in milliseconds injection, you need to scale those down by the increase in flow.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
LincTheDog
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 11:44 am
cars: soon to be turbo VY V6 Commodore

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by LincTheDog »

Hi Antus,

Would
antus wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2025 9:24 pm cranking fuel in milliseconds injection.
be the "Injector flow rate gram/sec of fuel'?

Or is that the Crank table scalar for max crank pulse width?

Also, the tune I attached earlier was wrong, I forgot to hit save after tuning the BIN.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by vlad01 »

I have real data generated by The1 for a genuine set of 968 injectors I am happy to share.

This is for 12P but should work fine in Enhanced.

968 injector data.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LincTheDog
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2024 11:44 am
cars: soon to be turbo VY V6 Commodore

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by LincTheDog »

I used the information on the photo you provided, Vlad01, I finally got it idling smoothly.

I think it might be running a little rich at the moment, I have a high flow cat installed but it seems to be spilling out a little bit of black smoke.

Next mod is going to have to be a wideband, lol.

Thanks for your all your help.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by Kevspec »

vlad01 wrote: Wed Mar 05, 2025 12:05 pm I have real data generated by The1 for a genuine set of 968 injectors I am happy to share.

This is for 12P but should work fine in Enhanced.


968 injector data.png
I'm assuming this would be fine for 11p?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VY Commodore turbo V6 tune issues

Post by vlad01 »

Yep, sure will be.