thanks a lot! looks like I missed this. Explains why some references got broken when I used r2 and r13 values from 00031854. As for the externally loaded flash kernel, does it get loaded over the CAN bus or via K-Line? I now in some non-GM PCMs the kernel gets loaded via K-Line first and then than kernel reads the data over the CAN.hjtrbo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2024 5:07 am Looks like it get's re-assigned. Here it is 8000h
Flash kernal is loaded externallyCode: Select all
ROM:010290 3d a0 00 40 lis r13,0x40 ROM:010294 39 ad 00 00 addi r13,r13,0x0 ROM:010298 3c 40 00 01 lis r2,0x1 ROM:01029c 38 42 80 00 subi r2,r2,DAT_00008000
T43 Dissasembly
-
fastboatster
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Re: T43 Dissasembly
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: T43 Dissasembly
Over the canbus for these modules. I don't recall the kernal been public, however from what I'm told if you know your way around it can be easily had.
-
fastboatster
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Re: T43 Dissasembly
I see, so these kernels are probably obtained by "listening" to GM update process and then patched to disable things like sig verification etc?hjtrbo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2024 9:48 am Over the canbus for these modules. I don't recall the kernal been public, however from what I'm told if you know your way around it can be easily had.
Going back to the r2 register, it looks like the code that you provided (at 0x010290) is in the 10000-1FFFF area, which Kur4o said to be "some bdm recovery, FLASH, communication area?" OS is said to be at 30000 - 11FFFF and 120000 - 1BFFFF. So I think that when the OS section initializes, it sets the r2 and r13 values. Not unheard of in other PCMs/ECMs where boot sections and application software sections redo the init process at their beginning and set their own register values. Anyhow, it looks like r2 value doesn't seem to matter too much, I have to take back that some of the references got broken/changed when I changed the r2 register.
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: T43 Dissasembly
I like your logic, I think you raise a valid point as to what the final value of r2 is for the OS execution.fastboatster wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2024 7:28 pmGoing back to the r2 register, it looks like the code that you provided (at 0x010290) is in the 10000-1FFFF area, which Kur4o said to be "some bdm recovery, FLASH, communication area?" OS is said to be at 30000 - 11FFFF and 120000 - 1BFFFF. So I think that when the OS section initializes, it sets the r2 and r13 values.hjtrbo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2024 9:48 am Over the canbus for these modules. I don't recall the kernal been public, however from what I'm told if you know your way around it can be easily had.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: T43 Dissasembly
Slightly related, Have the Link G4X ECU with the 6L Can comms firmware in a car & running. Mates still gotta finish putting it all togethor but it was good enough to start engine up and run the trans upto 5th gear on his hoist.
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: T43 Dissasembly
Awesome! That'll be great for my project when the day comes. I've got a Link Storm. Thanks for sharing your results!