It looks like he logged on here shortly after I sent him a message.. He hasn't replied as of yet. I don't feel I need to chase him any further.geep wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2025 11:13 am ironduke you may be able to get ahold of him on here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/i ... 58.0title=
PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
I do plan on making some changes which I think should help.ironduke wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2025 8:16 pmTazzi might make some changes to help it work, but I'm guessing it would be something of a bandaid to make his tool not follow the actual standard.
It does not appear to affect any main commercial J2534 applications that I can see, and the J2534 standard does not seem to explicitly state that the transmitted frames require the "transmit acknowledgment", so I am guessing its not actually required when using the raw CAN option.
I am currently away at this moment, but can work on this once I am back.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Well, I was able to read flash now after some edits to the OBDX dll.
It is very picky with what it wanted.. but.. its doing it now.
I did have to copy/paste the GT J2534 DLL into the MDI folder, then rename to match what the MDI expected for it to work.
Latest version of the GT J2534 DLL is being uploaded to OBDX site.
It is very picky with what it wanted.. but.. its doing it now.
I did have to copy/paste the GT J2534 DLL into the MDI folder, then rename to match what the MDI expected for it to work.
Latest version of the GT J2534 DLL is being uploaded to OBDX site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Nice work, well done!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Well, I run it in my own vehicle without any problems. I don't believe I have ever tried running a bus at 100% load to test it out though.MPC001 wrote: Sat Apr 05, 2025 10:49 am![]()
Cool. Slightly off topic, but will OBDX Pro GT handle CAN scanning at full speed in ELM mode I.e.ATMA without any buffer over run?
Realistically... using ELM commands to monitor 100% bus isn't really a smart idea due to how inefficient the ELM protocol is (Lots of byte<->string conversions).
Its much better to be using the byte based protocol (DVI), although obviously requires more work to setup a library to start using it.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Thank you! Very good points! Appreciate the advice and will dig more into DVITazzi wrote: Sun Apr 06, 2025 2:20 amWell, I run it in my own vehicle without any problems. I don't believe I have ever tried running a bus at 100% load to test it out though.MPC001 wrote: Sat Apr 05, 2025 10:49 am![]()
Cool. Slightly off topic, but will OBDX Pro GT handle CAN scanning at full speed in ELM mode I.e.ATMA without any buffer over run?
Realistically... using ELM commands to monitor 100% bus isn't really a smart idea due to how inefficient the ELM protocol is (Lots of byte<->string conversions).
Its much better to be using the byte based protocol (DVI), although obviously requires more work to setup a library to start using it.
-
Denny
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2024 8:04 pm
- cars: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Hi again. Just wanted to say it works with a SM2 Pro clone. I ordered a Dice 2014D. I received a Dice on the outside, SM2 Pro on the inside. Lmao. At least it works. Thanks again to everyone. 
-
V8fan
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
- cars: Astro VAN
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Will test )
-
Denny
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2024 8:04 pm
- cars: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8
Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67
Ya I ordered a dice 2014d, looks like a dice but its a SM2 pro clone. Uses Scanmatic drivers. Shows up in devices as SM2_USB. It also works with the corresponding software we are not supposed to discuss on this site. Scanmatik;SM2 USB;04.04;;
Firmware Version: FW:0976 HW:02
Firmware Version: FW:0976 HW:02