they'll update TLC over the weekend and it will be down on Mondayironduke wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:45 pmX1000gmtech825 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:00 pm The more you post the more it makes sense why our dealer equipment is such a cluster fuck
I'm kinda shocked, today is friday and neither globalconnect nor tldc has crashed all day.. It's still early and I did have a 30 minute radio usb programming crash right at the end earlier so I got to do that twice..
OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Never a dull day with TLC...
I am just finding it comical that I am ending up with modules being sent in for programming from dealerships since TLC no longer supports any calibrations for the module.
Or.. better yet.. does not support any brand new modules due to a new part number change.
Its a shitstorm honestly.
I am just finding it comical that I am ending up with modules being sent in for programming from dealerships since TLC no longer supports any calibrations for the module.
Or.. better yet.. does not support any brand new modules due to a new part number change.
Its a shitstorm honestly.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Whiteford
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:35 am
- cars: Ford Falcon
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
As I was saying, maybe you should contact Firmec to help you with your hardware issue.
-
Whiteford
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:35 am
- cars: Ford Falcon
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
I'm sure he will debug your hardware issue's for free.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Haven't had OBDX customers indicate issues with his software.
If there is, Im sure Matt will be happy enough to provide a log for me to resolve.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Man does time fly! Been several months since I updated this thread.
There is still plenty going on in the background with development of the next generation of tools, including moving to a larger processor, newer wireless module and the revision of our OBDX case to use the long awaited USB-C connection!
There has also been several additions to OBDX tool firmware, J2534 APIs and libraries over the last few months which will be publicly available in the next coming days.
Alot of these changes have been to add custom options/commands/capabilities for developers, along with various format fixes and changes for the ELM API and also J2534 API.
Something I have noticed over the past couple years, is the increase in requests for a "J2534 to smartphone" library.
I hear the exact same thing from software companies every week, that making the move from a J2534 tool to a Smartphone has been near impossible without creating custom hardware themselves.
With that said, I am going to redo the MAUI examples that I created a few years ago, update them for the latest .net8/9 core and get some more examples out for using OBDX MAUI J2534 library that I had built.
Once I have those examples done, it might be worth while doing a quick youtube video to explain the main steps and functions, so new devs can get a better understanding of how to use them effectively.
There is still plenty going on in the background with development of the next generation of tools, including moving to a larger processor, newer wireless module and the revision of our OBDX case to use the long awaited USB-C connection!
There has also been several additions to OBDX tool firmware, J2534 APIs and libraries over the last few months which will be publicly available in the next coming days.
Alot of these changes have been to add custom options/commands/capabilities for developers, along with various format fixes and changes for the ELM API and also J2534 API.
Something I have noticed over the past couple years, is the increase in requests for a "J2534 to smartphone" library.
I hear the exact same thing from software companies every week, that making the move from a J2534 tool to a Smartphone has been near impossible without creating custom hardware themselves.
With that said, I am going to redo the MAUI examples that I created a few years ago, update them for the latest .net8/9 core and get some more examples out for using OBDX MAUI J2534 library that I had built.
Once I have those examples done, it might be worth while doing a quick youtube video to explain the main steps and functions, so new devs can get a better understanding of how to use them effectively.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
oldtinfords
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 am
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
When you upload the new firmware & API's, could you add a release date against each on the website. It would make it easier when checking if there's been an update.Tazzi wrote: Mon Apr 07, 2025 8:25 am
There has also been several additions to OBDX tool firmware, J2534 APIs and libraries over the last few months which will be publicly available in the next coming days.
Alot of these changes have been to add custom options/commands/capabilities for developers, along with various format fixes and changes for the ELM API and also J2534 API.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
Thats certainly something we can look into doing.oldtinfords wrote: Mon Apr 07, 2025 9:04 am When you upload the new firmware & API's, could you add a release date against each on the website. It would make it easier when checking if there's been an update.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
modzer321
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am
- cars: wh statesman
vy ss
vt ss
vx clubsport
vt clubsport
vy clubsport
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
hey Tazzi, what can cause ERR_BUFFER_EMPTY when trying to read the form the vehicle this is only happening with OBDX Pro GT version not mdi1 or mdi2
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions
ERR_BUFFER_EMPTY means there was no message found or return by the tool.modzer321 wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2025 6:02 am hey Tazzi, what can cause ERR_BUFFER_EMPTY when trying to read the form the vehicle this is only happening with OBDX Pro GT version not mdi1 or mdi2
This all depends on what filters are set since they dictate what is allowed to pass or block, along with any flow control messages (If canbus).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
