808 ecu into a vx

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
upyas
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
cars: vy s

808 ecu into a vx

Post by upyas »

Hey guys

is it possible to run a 808 in a VX so I can run a 3 bar map sensor os?

I know it can run the motor, but what about everything else in the car? can it run the vx auto? or can i put a buck auto in it ? what about the rest of the car like dash and gauges etc etc.

Cheers
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: 808 ecu into a vx

Post by pman92 »

I think 12P has limited support for the ALDL message to operate the dash.

It cannot run the auto trans
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 808 ecu into a vx

Post by vlad01 »

11P would be better for that. I vaguely recall 11P had better ALDL support for stuff like the dash in later models, but I have not looked into it for years now, so I could be way off on that.

11P runs the auto too.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 808 ecu into a vx

Post by antus »

We tried to use flex tables in 12P to send temperature data to at VT cluster but were not able to get it going. Some things may work with 11P but overall its not going to be a good fit, and it wont have any concept of the BCM using heart beats to controlling timing of modules on what is quite a full bus on the VX so that could cause additional pain. I am sure you could get the car running and probably the trans, but you probably wont get everything working.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
upyas
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
cars: vy s

Re: 808 ecu into a vx

Post by upyas »

does the air conditioning relay on the bus ?