808 12p write issues

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

808 12p write issues

Post by Kevspec »

Okay so I have been talking with antus and we seem to both be stumped here with this setup. Here is the run down.

I have a customers car in to tune the vehicle is a vg ute with a ecotec running the 808 ecu and loom, i have fitted the comms board and nvram running 12p software. It all seems to connect and read fine but it will not let me write to the nvram, yes the write jumper is in place.

So far I have tried a complete other nvram setup, resoldered the comms board another ecu and still have no luck!

Any suggestions to try i'm all ears especially since I have another 808 with 12p tune coming and don't want to be stuck with these same issues

I have attached a pic of tunerpro where it says it's read only
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: 808 12p write issues

Post by delcowizzid »

Is the emulation tab in tunerpros preferences setup as ose plugin
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: 808 12p write issues

Post by immortality »

I had trouble while back and ended up going back to a earlier version of the OSE plugin.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 808 12p write issues

Post by antus »

There are no problems that we are aware of with 1.80 the recommended version in the oseplugin thread.

There is a v2 that was demoted, and is for dual 808s on a V12 engine only. I believe only one user is using it for that exact scenario and it has warnings to that effect where it is available for download. If it is that version then yes there are problems.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: 808 12p write issues

Post by immortality »

Looks like you are right, just double checked and it's 1.80, what I do remember is that Tunerpro didn't like the version I had and wouldn't recognise it. Probably a different problem, I just remember downloading fresh copies and installing and it all finally worked.