07-2013 GM BCM
-
minytrker
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Bringing old thread up. Im wanting to change the remote start timer in my 2008 suburban. What is the cheapest tool to be able to read the .bin from the bcm?
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Can either built a file from the sps files complete enough to flash the calibrations or you can read it using mode 23 and a J2534 device..
If you post up or pm your vin I can see if I have the files and I wrote some code to build a bin from the cache files.. That'll let you play at least..
If you post up or pm your vin I can see if I have the files and I wrote some code to build a bin from the cache files.. That'll let you play at least..
-
minytrker
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
3GNGK26K68G311489 Thank you for the help.
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
If you're missing any let me know and I'll check what I haveironduke wrote:Can either built a file from the sps files complete enough to flash the calibrations or you can read it using mode 23 and a J2534 device..
If you post up or pm your vin I can see if I have the files and I wrote some code to build a bin from the cache files.. That'll let you play at least..
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Here's your files straight from the cache.
Here's your files after unpacking them.
Here's your files put together into a bin..
What kind of runtime were you looking to get? Timer is in the System segment..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
minytrker
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I was just trying to change it to 20 mins run time.
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Can I ask what you used for hardware and software to pull a complete BCM file?gmtech825 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:07 pm ok, I found the section of the OS that describes the segment addresses...it's just formatted differently than I'm used to. Ghidra and ida are showing what looks to be valid data so it's a step in the right direction. I've narrowed down what I think are the the staus bytes for the remote start enable and possibly the hood switch dtcs...maybe. I've been assuming that the timer setting would be in the "powertrain control" segment but can't figure anything out from there. Maybe I'm incorrectly assume that the timer value is in that segment. I'll keep at it and update if I figure it out.
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
I just used an sps file
-
Toytruck89
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:47 am
- cars: MKIII Toyota Supra
LS Chevy C10
Toyota 4Runner
Z06 Corvette
GMT800 Silverado - Location: Wellington, NZ
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
Hey team,
Hopefully you don't mind me reviving an old thread (I did see that it's only 5 or so down from the top, though).
I can't get Ghidra to load in another processor/language. The 2013 is using that Fujitsu MP91 isn't it?
I can't get either that 2008 BCM bin or 2013 BCM to start decompiling correctly, or at all. Hoping someone here can help
Hopefully you don't mind me reviving an old thread (I did see that it's only 5 or so down from the top, though).
I can't get Ghidra to load in another processor/language. The 2013 is using that Fujitsu MP91 isn't it?
I can't get either that 2008 BCM bin or 2013 BCM to start decompiling correctly, or at all. Hoping someone here can help
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: 07-2013 GM BCM
look on page 10 for the fujitsu files you need. add them to the ghidra processor folder