07-2013 GM BCM

Toytruck89
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:47 am
cars: MKIII Toyota Supra
LS Chevy C10
Toyota 4Runner
Z06 Corvette
GMT800 Silverado
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by Toytruck89 »

When I added them to the processors folder, Ghidra stopped booting. I had to remove the files from the Processors directory before I could boot it again.

There must be some way to tell Ghidra that I've added a processor, but I couldn't find it in the help pages or beyond.

(I'm using Ghidra 10.1.2, by the way. Ghidra 11 doesn't like the CPU32 additions that NSFW made for the 68000 Processor on the P59 ECU)
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by gmtech825 »

it worked in 10.4 for me. you've added the whole folder to the processors folder? Unzipped them first?
Toytruck89
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:47 am
cars: MKIII Toyota Supra
LS Chevy C10
Toyota 4Runner
Z06 Corvette
GMT800 Silverado
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by Toytruck89 »

I'm running 10.1.2
I had 11, but it didn't like P59 ECU with 68000, even with NSFW's files. (Or perhaps because of it)

The files are unzipped and set up in a folder like the other processors. The only thing I can see different is that I named the folder "Fujitsu"

Thank you
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by gmtech825 »

try not changing the folder names then. That could be it
Toytruck89
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:47 am
cars: MKIII Toyota Supra
LS Chevy C10
Toyota 4Runner
Z06 Corvette
GMT800 Silverado
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by Toytruck89 »

What do I name the folder? New Folder?

I didn't see any other family of that processor already there?
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by gmtech825 »

keep it the same as the unzipped folder. I don't remember which version but it should be something like "ghidra_fujitsu_fr-master"
koolky
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2025 4:19 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by koolky »

I have a GM Mongoose cable — what program can I use to read with Mode 23?

Is anyone reading these BCMs directly off the circuit board?

I have an FG Tech V54 and USBJTAG NT that I use on other projects.

I’d like to enable keyless entry and remote start on the 2008–2025 Express Vans. Looking to enable discrete A/C request like the vans have (great for LS swaps) on the 2007–2013 Truck BCM.
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by ironduke »

I have a homemade program that's a little glitchy to read the flash on 07-13 bcm's. Haven't read the eeprom other than off the board.
Shouldn't be hard to enable RKE and RVS, waiting for feedback on a 2017 express 4.8L I created a bin for, he still has to buy some remotes and program them. I added keyless and RVS even though he has manual locks, he just wants factory RVS. Looks like he's going to be adding the hood latch with the switch as well. Doing this remotely so I don't have access to the van.

Not sure on a discrete ac input, into the BCM? that would be over my head..
Camino_77
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm
cars: 78 El Camino
56 Belair 4Dr
14 Dodge Journey
12 Suburban

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by Camino_77 »

Evening,

I have a BCM and a couple of other modules out of a 2012 CST-V. I've been both reading the forum here and watching some youtube vids. I've also downloaded a lot of BCM bin files on here and most of them won't open up for me. In the past I haven't had any problems opening up ECM/PCM bins/files but for some reason no luck. I keep seeing screen shots of CodeBrowser which I haven't been able to locate. I also have Ghirda and Ida. I've also tried UniversalPatcher and a few others. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm defiantly a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

From what I gathered on here, the eeprom houses all of the data or programming or am I wrong??? But that really doesn't make sense.

How would you go about bench testing the system???

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a training kit that teaches how to read, program, and edit eeproms. It comes with propriety de complying software that includes all of the chip data, just identify and select the correct chip. It does include the hardware and extra eeproms. According to the support personal, it will also clone BCM's.

Forgive me if separated this from another post. I thought that this more correlated with the ongoing discussion.

Bill
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by gmtech825 »

The eeprom will only contain the vehicle specific data, VIN, security info etc. It doen't contain the flash data.