Wideband recommendation
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Wideband recommendation
I just realised 25-02-12 can be read both ways. Maybe its not 2012 but 2025. Maybe it is for real. Just try it I guess. If it is legit it would stand to reason hes frustrated and would be takeing a loss if its smashed and refunded. Try it and see I guess. Let us know if it measures right. He has been around a long time, im sure hes trying to do the right thing. As much as bosch are cloned a lot and they have this security they sometimes are inconsistant. If you got it direct from 14point7 not some random ebay seller your chances of legit are far greater.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Wideband recommendation
@Vrv8hz there is a small plastic door on the connector, pop that off and have a look at the soldering job...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Wideband recommendation
Yeah I bought one from there there's a thread about it somewhere .he said he got them direct with no plug and then has someone add plugs lol I'm guessing it's just a Chinese sensor
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Wideband recommendation
.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Wideband recommendation
Sounds like every Alan I have known, childish and unprofessional...
-
buzzard
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm
Re: Wideband recommendation
Buy the Autronic MAFM1 w/NTK sensor.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Wideband recommendation
What are they worth? Couldn't find a price anywhere, but looks like a really nice unit.
-
buzzard
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm
Re: Wideband recommendation
My latest dealer price list (from 2016) shows 1750+ gst for MAFM1 B model log kit to suit NTK sensor. From memory the sensors were about $400-450 for LZA11, the better LZA03 sensors run about $800-1000 AUD.
Interestingly I was speaking to an ex GM-H pcm calibration engineer last year, he said he used the MAFM1 for calibration work at Holden.
Interestingly I was speaking to an ex GM-H pcm calibration engineer last year, he said he used the MAFM1 for calibration work at Holden.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Wideband recommendation
Looking on the 14point7 website he now supplies 2 different sensors with his kits, either a genuine Bosch LSU4.9 or his own version of said Bosch sensor which he claims is better.
-
buzzard
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm
Re: Wideband recommendation
He lists the spartan 3 with either lsu4.9 or lsu adv. Can you give me a link to his sensor?immortality wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2025 11:44 pm Looking on the 14point7 website he now supplies 2 different sensors with his kits, either a genuine Bosch LSU4.9 or his own version of said Bosch sensor which he claims is better.