just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
Ahh glad to hear you got it sorted. Might add a section to my future faq about whats what now... Whats on the memcal or rom or nvram is split in to sections. What you need to worry about is the cal (calibration) which is specific to your car - your tune, and bin which is the whole thing - stands for 'binary' which is not really the best description, but it contains the calibration and the program code. The xdf is 'eXtended Definition Format' (i think?) and tells tuner pro what is what and how to interpret it in the calibration area. ADX "aquisition somethin something?" haha tells tuner pro how to get data about the ecu when its running and what that data is - rpm, speed, map values etc etc for you to do your tuning. XDF and ADX are for tunerpro. BIN and CAL are for the ECU.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
Thanks Antus,
That clears some things up.
For those of us who are brand new to this all the little things that guys like you understand and take for granted makes us average backyard tool chuckers very confused..
I got it all updated, stuck the 123bar tune from the v111 download into the car.
I changed the flags to 2 bar.
I changed the kinflow from 1.5 to 1.3 or something to suit 775 bluetops and 383 cubes
and she started straight up.
It's idling fairly rough though and idle is too low so I will dive in and start playing with it.
I hope I get this right because I only just got it all back together. $5,000 later here I am again trying to tune it.
(I blew it straight up first rev last time after putting on a turbo. That was with a 1 bar map sensor, 91 octane and normal aspirated tune with whatever boost the turbo punched in? no boost gauge)
So this time I will take the tune a little more serious... ha ha.
Whats normally the go for boost. Is it just say set all the boost maps for like 10deg advange and 12.1 AF and rev it and watch wide band or what.
I really don't want to detonate it again... I never even heard the ping. just reved up and bang. Cast hypers busted tops off. This time I've got forgies and hopefully hear a ping before she bangs!!
lol.
That clears some things up.
For those of us who are brand new to this all the little things that guys like you understand and take for granted makes us average backyard tool chuckers very confused..
I got it all updated, stuck the 123bar tune from the v111 download into the car.
I changed the flags to 2 bar.
I changed the kinflow from 1.5 to 1.3 or something to suit 775 bluetops and 383 cubes
and she started straight up.
It's idling fairly rough though and idle is too low so I will dive in and start playing with it.
I hope I get this right because I only just got it all back together. $5,000 later here I am again trying to tune it.
(I blew it straight up first rev last time after putting on a turbo. That was with a 1 bar map sensor, 91 octane and normal aspirated tune with whatever boost the turbo punched in? no boost gauge)
So this time I will take the tune a little more serious... ha ha.
Whats normally the go for boost. Is it just say set all the boost maps for like 10deg advange and 12.1 AF and rev it and watch wide band or what.
I really don't want to detonate it again... I never even heard the ping. just reved up and bang. Cast hypers busted tops off. This time I've got forgies and hopefully hear a ping before she bangs!!
lol.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
for spark for starters, you want to copy what the stock 100kpa spark column is and paste it right across to 200kpa, then remove 1 degree for each column of boost. that will be a better start off map than just a flat 10 deg.
you want to aim for about 11.5:1 for starters, you can lean it out as you get the tune better, as long as your exhaust temps are cool enough. you will need to do the boost ve table too, for a start map, copy the 100kpa table right over to 200kpa, that will be better than the blank values that are in it but still wont be real good for your engine, you have a lot of fuel mapping work to do!
now did I read you said you have blue tops in it ? !!! those are barely sufficient for 383 let alone boosted. DO NOT BOOST THIS ENGINE!!!! IT WIL BLOW STRAIGHT UP AGAIN! go buy 8 siemens deka 60lb injectors, then fix up the injector rate then you can go boost without being worried U will melt the pistons.
you want to aim for about 11.5:1 for starters, you can lean it out as you get the tune better, as long as your exhaust temps are cool enough. you will need to do the boost ve table too, for a start map, copy the 100kpa table right over to 200kpa, that will be better than the blank values that are in it but still wont be real good for your engine, you have a lot of fuel mapping work to do!
now did I read you said you have blue tops in it ? !!! those are barely sufficient for 383 let alone boosted. DO NOT BOOST THIS ENGINE!!!! IT WIL BLOW STRAIGHT UP AGAIN! go buy 8 siemens deka 60lb injectors, then fix up the injector rate then you can go boost without being worried U will melt the pistons.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
Ok, cheers Jayme.
The good news it starts and idles but a bit rough and I can't seem to adjust the idle up???
I tried setting all the desired idles in the maps to 1000 at each volts and temps but still sits on about 800. doesn't go up???
I looked in the timing vs revs kpa map when it was idling and the little black bubble was hanging around 4 squares so I changed all them timings up a bit to 25 deg and it smoothed out a bit. if I go to 30 in them 4 squares it gets rougher and if i go 20deg in them 4 it gets rougher so i settled on 25
Yup, got no bloody idea what i'm doing!!!
If i ticked the ve learn flag for narrow band... can I just sit in here in neutral and have it teach itself at whichever bubble for the ve tables by revving it up so the bubble moves all around as many as i can with no load before hitting boost?
I've been watching the injector duty cycle in the dashboard, can I safetly rev it up untill it gets to around 80% and say set the rev limit a bit below that untill i can save up for some bigger injectors?
I bought a wideband on ebay, the new digital innovate one with the thing built in to the gauge. for about $260 or so delivered and it should turn up on next wednesday. But I don't really know what to do with it when it gets here... I know how to hook it up but not sure how to use it to change ve tables.
Looks like I might have bitten off too much but will give it a shot and just keep reading up.
I have the book called fuel injection systems from greg banish that was reccomended in another thread but it still is confusing.
Cheers.
The good news it starts and idles but a bit rough and I can't seem to adjust the idle up???
I tried setting all the desired idles in the maps to 1000 at each volts and temps but still sits on about 800. doesn't go up???
I looked in the timing vs revs kpa map when it was idling and the little black bubble was hanging around 4 squares so I changed all them timings up a bit to 25 deg and it smoothed out a bit. if I go to 30 in them 4 squares it gets rougher and if i go 20deg in them 4 it gets rougher so i settled on 25
If i ticked the ve learn flag for narrow band... can I just sit in here in neutral and have it teach itself at whichever bubble for the ve tables by revving it up so the bubble moves all around as many as i can with no load before hitting boost?
I've been watching the injector duty cycle in the dashboard, can I safetly rev it up untill it gets to around 80% and say set the rev limit a bit below that untill i can save up for some bigger injectors?
I bought a wideband on ebay, the new digital innovate one with the thing built in to the gauge. for about $260 or so delivered and it should turn up on next wednesday. But I don't really know what to do with it when it gets here... I know how to hook it up but not sure how to use it to change ve tables.
Looks like I might have bitten off too much but will give it a shot and just keep reading up.
I have the book called fuel injection systems from greg banish that was reccomended in another thread but it still is confusing.
Cheers.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
and the timing in the dashboad jumps around at idle, seems hang between 20 and about 29 or so??? shoud it just sit dead still at idle??
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
I suggest haveing a read of Holden202s guide before you go any further: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =28&t=1089 Specifically about using history tables with a wideband to tune fuel.
Dont worry much about idle at this stage of the game, and know that the ecu will adjust spark to obtain the idle its looking for. You can see on the dashboard in TP the actual spark advance and you might find its not the values your setting. Look at 'target idle rpm' on the logging dash, that is what the ecu will try to make happen.
Dont worry much about idle at this stage of the game, and know that the ecu will adjust spark to obtain the idle its looking for. You can see on the dashboard in TP the actual spark advance and you might find its not the values your setting. Look at 'target idle rpm' on the logging dash, that is what the ecu will try to make happen.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
Yeah I will have another read of 202s instructions read it twice so far.. The desired in the dash says 1,000 but the idle doesn't go up to 1,000 I was thinking maybe with my bigger manifold i might be maxxing out the iac??? by not having throttle blades open enough? or maybe there is some setting that stops the iac opening right up!. it's on 196 steps and still just sits around 800 and won't go up.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
you want to open your throttle blade up so the IAC is on about 20-30 at warm idle
with your idle spark, make sure your changing the idle and main spark tables to be the same numbers in the 400-800 rpm cells
also with the tuning guide, let us know if there is something you don't understand and i'll see if it can be re-written to be easier to understand etc.
with your idle spark, make sure your changing the idle and main spark tables to be the same numbers in the 400-800 rpm cells
also with the tuning guide, let us know if there is something you don't understand and i'll see if it can be re-written to be easier to understand etc.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
Thanks 202 for the tip with throttle blade.
I set it like you said and what do you know... It idles at the right revs now. was maxxed out because throttle too closed for iac to let enough air in.
Then, I played with the idle AF ration as it was on 14.7. I played with the mix from 8 to 15 and found about 13 idles the best.
but still not parfect but close!
This is good fun when you do something and it makes it go better!!! lol.
I have set the ve learn on and it has changed my idle spark. how does it know where it is supposed to be? does it just look for the best vacuum or what.
and another thing.. The turbo is a to4b-2 good for about 800hp so the add on ebay said. I have sat here in neutral while watching the injector duty cycle and reved the enging up to 4,000 rpm and hold it. but there is no boost showing on the map sensor. I mean I don't know much about turbos but i'd of thought i would see some boost on the dashboard map by 4,000.
whats going on here.
I set it like you said and what do you know... It idles at the right revs now. was maxxed out because throttle too closed for iac to let enough air in.
Then, I played with the idle AF ration as it was on 14.7. I played with the mix from 8 to 15 and found about 13 idles the best.
but still not parfect but close!
This is good fun when you do something and it makes it go better!!! lol.
I have set the ve learn on and it has changed my idle spark. how does it know where it is supposed to be? does it just look for the best vacuum or what.
and another thing.. The turbo is a to4b-2 good for about 800hp so the add on ebay said. I have sat here in neutral while watching the injector duty cycle and reved the enging up to 4,000 rpm and hold it. but there is no boost showing on the map sensor. I mean I don't know much about turbos but i'd of thought i would see some boost on the dashboard map by 4,000.
whats going on here.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: just downloaded ose v11 and wont work on my v110 nvram
VE learn will try to learn your VE table at areas where the desired AFR is 14.7 and other criteria are met. It may correct your fueling a bit so then the ecu will reduce the idle spark a little as its more efficient and that will give the right revs. VE learn wont touch your spark tables.
The turbo is not boosting up because there is no load on your engine. The 240z turbo I am working on at the moment doesnt boost up when we rev it, but it does on the road when its hauling a car along!
How is your wastegate set up, and whats it going to limit your boost to when you do come on boost?
The turbo is not boosting up because there is no load on your engine. The 240z turbo I am working on at the moment doesnt boost up when we rev it, but it does on the road when its hauling a car along!
How is your wastegate set up, and whats it going to limit your boost to when you do come on boost?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396