Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
-
ATPCR
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm
- cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999
- Location: north of Huntsville Alabama
Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
I'm looking for a stock bin file for a 2003 Mustang 4.6 3V with a manual transmission. the strategy may be RYAK1. Thanks in advance for any help. A friend has a corrupted tune flashed in his pcm, and we want to flash a fresh one in long enough to see if it cures the issue. Thanks!
-
oldtinfords
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 am
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
Post a .bin read from the PCM. The correct strategy might be shown in the bin.ATPCR wrote: Mon Jun 30, 2025 11:33 pm I'm looking for a stock bin file for a 2003 Mustang 4.6 3V with a manual transmission. the strategy may be RYAK1. Thanks in advance for any help. A friend has a corrupted tune flashed in his pcm, and we want to flash a fresh one in long enough to see if it cures the issue. Thanks!
RYAK1 looks more like an OSID than strategy. I have RYAK1Z7 but do not know if it is a correct.
-
ATPCR
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm
- cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999
- Location: north of Huntsville Alabama
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
Now I'm not exactly sure if my associate knows exactly what he has. Here is a snip-it from looking at it in a hex editor program.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
oldtinfords
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 am
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
Based on your previous hex image, the PCM part number is 2R3A-12A650-HC with strategy RYBE1C9. Some other info I looked at suggests the hardware type is MPC-14C.
The hex in the file I have indicates the PCM part number would be 3R3A-12A650-FC, strategy RYAK1Z7. Other info I've found suggests it's for 4.6L manual on the same hardware MPC-14C.
I'll attach the file. It is up to you to do further research & decide if you wish to merge the VID block & try it.
The hex in the file I have indicates the PCM part number would be 3R3A-12A650-FC, strategy RYAK1Z7. Other info I've found suggests it's for 4.6L manual on the same hardware MPC-14C.
I'll attach the file. It is up to you to do further research & decide if you wish to merge the VID block & try it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ATPCR
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm
- cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999
- Location: north of Huntsville Alabama
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
Thanks! OTTOYH, What is the bank order for that file before I run through a converter to do a 256k bin dif comparison?
ADDED 7-03-25 @8:45 pm. I was able to come up with the bin order using a DWS program. Thanks to both of you!
ADDED 7-03-25 @8:45 pm. I was able to come up with the bin order using a DWS program. Thanks to both of you!
-
oldtinfords
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 am
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Did the file help fix the corrupted tune?ATPCR wrote: Wed Jul 02, 2025 10:43 am Thanks! OTTOYH, What is the bank order for that file before I run through a converter to do a 256k bin dif comparison?
ADDED 7-03-25 @8:45 pm. I was able to come up with the bin order using a DWS program. Thanks to both of you!
-
ATPCR
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm
- cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999
- Location: north of Huntsville Alabama
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
@oldtinfords I haven't had the opportunity to try out the bin file because my associate has his powertrain pulled back out of the Mustang that he had just put it in. Something about leaving something out from between the engine and transmission. He was fuming a bit, so I didn't ask exactly which part. The situation made me "flash back" to a time when a former helper couldn't get an old 302 to fire in an old Thunderbird. I asked him how the rotor button looked, and he said it looked fine. I picked it up off of the battery and it did look fine. I asked if he thought it might work if he installed it in the distributor. Humans. Always could make a mistake, lol.
I'll be working with the file soon. I need to switch PATS off because he is installing this 2002-2003 powertrain into an old fox body. He was going to use all of the '03 column with halo ring PATS box etc., but I said that is a lot of trouble.
I haven't been able to talk with my PATS guy much, he has a lot going on right now and I need to wait until the powertrain is in and power ready. He has the '03 column laying on the floor all plugged in to where it can be started With PATS initially to hear it run, then go with the PATS off program from there.
Thanks for your help with the file.
I'll be working with the file soon. I need to switch PATS off because he is installing this 2002-2003 powertrain into an old fox body. He was going to use all of the '03 column with halo ring PATS box etc., but I said that is a lot of trouble.
I haven't been able to talk with my PATS guy much, he has a lot going on right now and I need to wait until the powertrain is in and power ready. He has the '03 column laying on the floor all plugged in to where it can be started With PATS initially to hear it run, then go with the PATS off program from there.
Thanks for your help with the file.
-
DWS
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
- cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
- Location: USA
Re: Wanted: Stock bin file for 2003 Mustang
Late to the party but the first pic for part number 2R3A-12A650-HC (shows as 2R3AHC in the bin)
Stock strategy is RYBE0, the full file name is RYBE0CN for the exact tune. HWID is MPC-14C
Update list is as follows and in order:
RYBD0C9
RYBE0CN
RYBE1C9
RYBE2C4
RYBE2C6
FBGI0CA
In the second screen shot pic, 3R3A-FC appears to be a different calibration and factory came with RYAK1M4. HWID is MPC-14E
RYAK0MB
RYAK1M4
RYAK1Z7
Those two computers are physically different, however they are from the same family and run on similar hardware. The 14C vs 14E might just be a simple feature difference like one supported a flex fuel sensor or something along those lines. Looking at the notes, looks like 14C might be the manual trans variation of the computer.
You can get both of the latest calibrations directly from ford, but only the latest calibration (the bottom in the two lists).
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagn ... goryId=288
You'd have to choose the country (using usa should work for other country users too), then load the link again and ford should let you load it directly then after that. In the text box just put the calibration name and keep hitting download till either you get a file not found type of error page (something isn't right, not the latest calibration), or you get a zip file. ASP file means their site is overloaded and you have to try again.
FYI, RYAK1 is the strategy, the exact variations are technically the strategy too but the last two characters identifies the exact tune/calibration. Ford named things in kind of a weird way and doesn't seem to be really standardized too much.
RY could be generic mustang say with a certain type of engine
RYA could be a more exact variation/generation of the engine/car
RYAK is even more well defined
RYAK1 (0, 2, A, etc) would be the different variations of the RYAK strategy
So yea left to right it slowly builds out a more exact picture of what you're working with. Strategy and OSID are basically the same thing, just in the ford context for this era, the first 5 characters would be the "OSID" as the last two are only calibration changes, not code changes.
Also these come up as a 2003 Mustang 4.6L 4v (4 valve). I don't think the 3 valve variation was ever used in that car for that year as far as factory options goes.
Stock strategy is RYBE0, the full file name is RYBE0CN for the exact tune. HWID is MPC-14C
Update list is as follows and in order:
RYBD0C9
RYBE0CN
RYBE1C9
RYBE2C4
RYBE2C6
FBGI0CA
In the second screen shot pic, 3R3A-FC appears to be a different calibration and factory came with RYAK1M4. HWID is MPC-14E
RYAK0MB
RYAK1M4
RYAK1Z7
Those two computers are physically different, however they are from the same family and run on similar hardware. The 14C vs 14E might just be a simple feature difference like one supported a flex fuel sensor or something along those lines. Looking at the notes, looks like 14C might be the manual trans variation of the computer.
You can get both of the latest calibrations directly from ford, but only the latest calibration (the bottom in the two lists).
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagn ... goryId=288
You'd have to choose the country (using usa should work for other country users too), then load the link again and ford should let you load it directly then after that. In the text box just put the calibration name and keep hitting download till either you get a file not found type of error page (something isn't right, not the latest calibration), or you get a zip file. ASP file means their site is overloaded and you have to try again.
FYI, RYAK1 is the strategy, the exact variations are technically the strategy too but the last two characters identifies the exact tune/calibration. Ford named things in kind of a weird way and doesn't seem to be really standardized too much.
RY could be generic mustang say with a certain type of engine
RYA could be a more exact variation/generation of the engine/car
RYAK is even more well defined
RYAK1 (0, 2, A, etc) would be the different variations of the RYAK strategy
So yea left to right it slowly builds out a more exact picture of what you're working with. Strategy and OSID are basically the same thing, just in the ford context for this era, the first 5 characters would be the "OSID" as the last two are only calibration changes, not code changes.
Also these come up as a 2003 Mustang 4.6L 4v (4 valve). I don't think the 3 valve variation was ever used in that car for that year as far as factory options goes.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
- Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
- Bank Swapping
- View VIN and other info about the bin file