Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
upyas
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
cars: vy s

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by upyas »

I got a VX ecu that has been modded for realtime if anyone else wants to buy it, will be tested before shipping it out.
User avatar
Chr0m3
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Chr0m3 »

upyas wrote: Fri Jul 18, 2025 1:52 am I got a VX ecu that has been modded for realtime if anyone else wants to buy it, will be tested before shipping it out.
I'm interested 🤔
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Rhysk94 »

upyas wrote: Fri Jul 18, 2025 1:52 am I got a VX ecu that has been modded for realtime if anyone else wants to buy it, will be tested before shipping it out.
If chrome doesnt buy it I definitely will. Sick to death of flash ecu's on the dyno 🤣
User avatar
Knackersjewels
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner
Location: Maffra, Vic

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Knackersjewels »

Shit, I'll put my hand up for that too
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by antus »

I dont know if he is including the ostrich. I suspect perhaps not? If not you can do the same thing with some fine soldering and the pin outs for the DIP version of the flash chip and the square version on the PCM. I think finding an ostrich someone will sell is the harder part.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Chr0m3
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am
cars: 2004 V6 VY Series 2

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Chr0m3 »

antus wrote: Mon Jul 21, 2025 3:15 am I dont know if he is including the ostrich. I suspect perhaps not? If not you can do the same thing with some fine soldering and the pin outs for the DIP version of the flash chip and the square version on the PCM. I think finding an ostrich someone will sell is the harder part.
Can buy them from moates again, just import fees, decently high shipping and a bit of wait.
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Rhysk94 »

antus wrote: Mon Jul 21, 2025 3:15 am I dont know if he is including the ostrich. I suspect perhaps not? If not you can do the same thing with some fine soldering and the pin outs for the DIP version of the flash chip and the square version on the PCM. I think finding an ostrich someone will sell is the harder part.
Me and soldering do not mix 🤣
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Kevspec »

I'll also buy if its available
User avatar
Muncie
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
Location: New Zealand Waikato

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by Muncie »

More details. How does it work got any pictures?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Realtime VY Flash ECU - WORKING

Post by antus »

The moats ostrich is a generic chip emulator for tunerpro and it plugs in place of compatible chips in pcms and has to stay there to operate and be connected to the pc while you are tuning, then you can put the bin on a memcal with an eprom or eeprom after. You use tunerpro and the same XDF you would for offline tuning. This mod replaces the built in flash chip and wires it out to a plug for the ostrich so it can be used on the flash pcm when normally you cant plug it in.

This is a picture of the kit from a random for sale add. You can see the cable looks like a floppy drive cable at the moats end and you can see the other end plugs where a chip would normally be. So now if you look back at the start of the thread you'll see the cable is soldered in to the flash pcm and has the floppy style connector to go in the ostrich. It can be repeated but you need an ostrich and you need the skills to look at the flash chip data sheet and do the soldering correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396